Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Muffler Advice (Read 1 times)
phatmike11
Ex Member

Muffler Advice
05/06/06 at 10:21:29

I am looking to make my savage (2005 s40) deeper and louder.  I have been looking at mufflers all week and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the following
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLEY-SCREAMIN-EAGLE-TURNOUT-MUFFLER-LS650-S4... or http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=Market;action=display;num=11466....  If anyone has an opinion on these two or something else.  I have heard good things about the jardines but I don't want to spend over $80 bucks if at all possible.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Muffler Advice
Reply #1 - 05/06/06 at 11:25:00

i put a used sporster muff on my 06.. if  i had the funds  id get the hard krome...
(wife says if  i spend any more on my suzi shes goin to leave me, boy am i goin to miss her!!)

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
andyinkc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/07/06 at 10:19:17

I just bought this muffler from him last week.  He sent me some cheap knock off first, says it was by accident (maybe...)  
I have almost got it installed, with a little modification to the mounting bracket on the pipe.   It is just needs a little piece of stainless steel stock trimed up to bold it in place.  It is definatly not a bolt and go install like this guy on ebay claims.

I went ahead and rode it two days now with it semi installed.  It is very loud to me.  Yet, I am new to motorcycles, maybe that is what I should have.  I would have to say if the stock muffler is a 1 of 10, this pipe, is a 9 or 10 of 10 to me.  

Really I think I would like to get something a little quieter.  Would you be interested in buying this one from me?  I'd sell it to you for $40 including fedex shipping.  I have got like $80 sinked in to it since he guy jerked me around, and I had to send the other one back too.    

IP Logged
phatmike11
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/07/06 at 18:32:50

Could you take a picture or two and send them to me?  phatmike11@cox.net?  IF so I would be interested!

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #4 - 05/07/06 at 19:28:04

Get a harley muff (stock) from your local HD dealer. $30.00 max. All the substitute muffs won't work as well as one designed for the Savage but they are a he!! of alot cheaper and do provide more power with correct carb settings. I punched the baffle in mine. just my .02.

Jim

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #5 - 05/07/06 at 19:54:17

I love my Jardine it was worth every penny 8) my wife on the other hand well  Tongue I also work partime at the super wash here in town to help pay for things like that Grin

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
magicfairy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/08/06 at 18:42:47

I have a brand new Jardine I dont want. Way too loud I decided. Bought it new, was on the bike for a whole day (60ks).
I'd take $US80 - but I'd have check what the shipping will cost  from NZ. PM me if you are interested.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:10:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Muffler Advice

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.