Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Brakes Pad? What Kind? (Read 0 times)
simplyput2600
Ex Member

Brakes Pad? What Kind?
04/27/06 at 10:40:38

i need to replace my front brake pads. but i dont know what kind to buy. from what i read the ceramic pads are the best. but where do i buy these from. And is there a certain size of part number i need to get the right ones???
If someone could supply me with a link to like jcwhitney for the right pads that would be awesome!!!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Brakes Pad? What Kind?
Reply #1 - 04/27/06 at 10:55:23

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
simplyput2600
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/27/06 at 11:02:39

how much longer are these ceramics suppose to last compared to getting OEM pads.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 04/27/06 at 11:32:43

I give up.  How long?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
simplyput2600
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/27/06 at 12:04:00

first of all thanks for the link. it really helped me out. i was asking if you could get more mileage out of the ceramic pads compared to the OEM pads you can get at the dealer.

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/27/06 at 14:20:02

The ceramic pads last twice as long as OEM, but only cost a little bit more. I-bike has fast service and good prices. I am going to put a set on my bike as soon as I need them.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 04/27/06 at 14:23:59

My understanding is that they last quite a bit longer than the standard organic OEM pads and are much cleaner (i.e. not as much black powder crud as other pads).  Just how much longer they last I don't know.  Mine are lasting a long time at the moment because I have yet to install them.  The first set I put on is sintered metal and is lasting quite well.  How ceramics stack up against sintered metal pads is yet another question.  I'm sure there's a lot of info out there in the cybersphere on the subject.  I'm doing it the personal way.  My OEM pads needed replacing somewhere between 3000 and 3500 miles.  My sintered metal pads have about that much on them now and look good still.  Ceramics go on next and I'll see how they do.  Definitely not controlled nor objective.  In fact, completely subjective... but it works for me.

911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/27/06 at 14:54:03

I managed 6500 miles out of my OEM set, but they were very ready for replacement.  I used the SBS ceramics as well, and one thing I immediately noticed is that they are much quieter than the OEM pads.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #8 - 04/27/06 at 15:52:03

I've recently installed the SBS ceramics on my Savage ... in fact I just got back from local Bike Nite and a wee spin with a co-worker who just bought a new S50 ... am liking the SBS pads so far ... much firmer brake lever and seems to stop better too ... BTW my OEM stock pads were pretty much shot at 4500kms (and I'm easy on the brakes).

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 06:56:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Brakes Pad? What Kind?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.