Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Extreme "rattle" over 50 mph (Read 6 times)
Marlene Rauch

Extreme "rattle" over 50 mph
04/26/06 at 05:58:39

Hi! I haven't been around "here" for a long time, but just finished a 600+ mile 3 day ride & camp trip thru Southern Missouri & Northern Arkansas. Nearly all hills & curves. Awesome! Smiley
Anyway, the reason I'm "here" is that I really got tired of the extreme rattle/vibration.   AngryIt runs smooth at 50, but as soon as I hit 51 & more, the noise & vibration on this Savage seems a lot worse than any of my past 3 Savages. Is there anything that can reduce it? I know better than to ask for eliminating it altogether, knowing the nature of the Savage  Roll Eyes, but ANY improvement would be welcomed.  Smiley
Thanks, dunky

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Re: Extreme "rattle" over 50 mph
Reply #1 - 04/26/06 at 06:01:43

Not sure which rattle you are referring to, but I have an annoying one in my headlight that I am having the darndest time  stopping.   Sad

IP Logged
Salad_Shaker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/26/06 at 08:19:08

Most seem to suffer from speedo housing rattle - mine certainly does - but I only really notice it if I wear the open face helmet instead of the full face. There are fixes for it detailed elsewhere on this site.  I'll get round to it one day.

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #3 - 04/26/06 at 18:07:42

Marlene Rauch wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Hi! I haven't been around "here" for a long time, but just finished a 600+ mile 3 day ride & camp trip thru Southern Missouri & Northern Arkansas. Nearly all hills & curves. Awesome! Smiley
Anyway, the reason I'm "here" is that I really got tired of the extreme rattle/vibration.   AngryIt runs smooth at 50, but as soon as I hit 51 & more, the noise & vibration on this Savage seems a lot worse than any of my past 3 Savages. Is there anything that can reduce it? I know better than to ask for eliminating it altogether, knowing the nature of the Savage  Roll Eyes, but ANY improvement would be welcomed.  Smiley
Thanks, dunky

Dunky, That sounds like quite a nice time. At six hundred miles you must have figured out where the noise was coming from. What was the location??

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #4 - 04/26/06 at 18:31:12

if rattle is only over 50 mph don't go over 50 Grin

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
chriss

Reply #5 - 04/27/06 at 04:01:27

The rattle is coming from the speedo. Mine rattles at about 50 also. Until 50 , nothing. Its simple to fix.  Remove the tank and underneath you will find 3 bolts holding the speedo on. Tighten them up and put some rubber tubing over the posts.  I dont think anyone in here hasnt had that same problem.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 13:04:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Extreme "rattle" over 50 mph

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.