Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
More on the bobber...NOW WITH PICS OF APES (Read 41 times)
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
More on the bobber...NOW WITH PICS OF APES
04/21/06 at 14:11:07

Well, the work on Mr. Hyde is progressing.  I finally worked out the speedometer issues by putting it in a kinda weird place.  Right next to the gas tank.  Surprisingly, this works quite well.  It's actually at roughly the same angle as it took to look at it before.  And since the peanut tank is so narrow, it doesn't get in the way of my knee.  I took it out for a quick spin today for the first time after switching out for the peanut tank.  It worked well...for .9 miles.  At that point it sputtered and died.  After waiting a while, I made it the .9 miles back home before, once again, it died.  so I have some gas flow issues to deal with.  

Once I get the functionality all worked out, I'll start cleaning up the way it looks.  I also bought a trailer fender that I'll be replacing the rear fender with.  I'm planning on mounting it so that it'll hug the rear tire.  I'll be using struts and attaching it to the axle and swingarm, so that it'll move with the wheel.  And, as soon as the cables come in, the apes go on.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
SeeAPierce
2005 No Login

California
Re: More on the bobber...
Reply #1 - 04/21/06 at 14:22:42

Looking Good SL!!  Can't wait to see it with the trailer fender.  Will you re-mount the rear signals or run without?

'06 S40 green: sporty muff & 10 degree adapter 155 main jet, 1/2 white spacer, open filter, bar end turn signals
  IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 04/21/06 at 15:18:17

Yep.  lookin' good!  

but gotta llose the reflectors...

IP Logged
Violent_Rage

Burp!

Trento - Italy
Reply #3 - 04/21/06 at 16:36:35

very nice! Smiley

what kind of tank is it?

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #4 - 04/21/06 at 17:26:44

I like the look of this bike. Is that a honda tank??

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #5 - 04/21/06 at 19:32:49

No idea what sort of tank it is.  It's old and peanut shaped.  Fiberglass.  Flatbottom with 4 bolts coming from the bottom.

I plan on relocating the reflectors.  I'd like to get some 2" circular ones to put down by the axle.  Yes, I know popular opinion is against me on that one, but hey, it's my bike, right?

I'll be relocating the rear turn signals.  I'll also, obviously, have to relocate the tail light.  I'm hesitant to sidemount the tail light.  I think I'm going to build me a small box to mount btween the frame rails right under the seat, and mount my tail light and turn signals to it.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 04/21/06 at 21:26:55

Nice work man.

IP Logged
shawn_b
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/22/06 at 06:52:22

nice i love the tank and the speed o  8)

shawn

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #8 - 04/22/06 at 07:20:40

Savage Librarian wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
....I'll be relocating the rear turn signals.  I'll also, obviously, have to relocate the tail light.  I'm hesitant to sidemount the tail light. ....

Have you considered dual-filament red-lensed turn signals/run/stoplights?  No separate taillight.

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #9 - 04/22/06 at 12:56:25

Very nice job! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #10 - 04/22/06 at 19:00:52

Well, the cables came in for the apehangers today...and so of course those went on.  Interestingly enough, I didn't have to change out or splice anything electrical.

WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: More on the bobber...NOW WITH PICS OF APES
Reply #11 - 04/22/06 at 20:14:49

Living up to its model name now...looking good. Mine is at a standstill.  Too much other stuff going on to mess around with the bike.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: More on the bobber...NOW WITH PICS OF APES
Reply #12 - 04/23/06 at 03:53:19

8)Wicked!! Grin

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #13 - 04/23/06 at 04:58:31

You have the cables on the bike so they must be working ok, but how did the cable lengths work out on this project?  Could any of them been a little longer or shorter, or did we get it on this first run?
I have had other inquiries for long cable sets so any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

Savage Librarian wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Well, the cables came in for the apehangers today...and so of course those went on.  Interestingly enough, I didn't have to change out or splice anything electrical.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/palidraven/Bobber009.jpg

IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #14 - 04/23/06 at 10:09:32

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
You have the cables on the bike so they must be working ok, but how did the cable lengths work out on this project?  Could any of them been a little longer or shorter, or did we get it on this first run?

I think the brake line is just about perfect.  I think the clutch and throttle cables could both do with being maybe 3-4 inches shorter.  They're pretty long.  But it's not too bad of a fit, and the little extra cable fits my bike perfectly.  Thanks for your help on that!

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 15:31:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › More on the bobber...NOW WITH PICS OF APES

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.