Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Advice on aftermarket exhaust and brakes (Read 2 times)
HotCarl
Ex Member

Advice on aftermarket exhaust and brakes
04/19/06 at 20:49:26

I've owned a 2006 S40 for a few months now an would like to put a new exhaust system on my bike. When I do this I want to be able to fix the backfire issue with the bike as well. I'm super busy, so I'm going to have my mechanic do the installation and modifications. So, first off, what exhaust would you recommend? I don't want the bike to be annoyingly loud, just have a nice rumble to it. Accordingly, what size jets should I get (probably depends on the exhaust i choose, but please recommend) and should I completely remove the spacer?

Also, my front brake seems really weak. I've read on other forums that most of the braking is done in the front, but they must be talking about sport bikes. My rear brake locks up pretty easily, so it's hard to find a happy medium. What do you guys recommend? A drilled front rotor? More experience on my part?

I really appreaciate any advice

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Re: Advice on aftermarket exhaust and brakes
Reply #1 - 04/19/06 at 21:01:51

Best advice I can give is to use the search function here and start typing in things like:

jetting
white spacer
exhaust
muffler
sportster
MAC
jardine
main jet
pilot jet
idle mixture

This subject has been exhaustively covered here and a search will yield you a gold mine of information.

As far as brakes goes, yes, an MSF course will teach you that 3/4 of your braking is done by the front brake.  I rarely ever use my rear brake, if at all.  Some here have installed aftermarket brake lines that seem to help with the spongy feeling, and a better set of pads that the Suzuki OEM would probably help as well.

IP Logged
HotCarl
Ex Member

Re: Advice on aftermarket exhaust and brakes
Reply #2 - 04/20/06 at 13:58:02

Awesome, thanks for your help  8)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com