Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
white spacer issues (Read 7 times)
simplyput2600
Ex Member

white spacer issues
04/17/06 at 07:16:56

instead of shaving my whitespacer in half, i went to the local bolt and hardware store and they had a little plastic ring that was exactly half the size of the factory white spacer. but the only issue was the hole was not big enough to let the little spacer go up and down on the needle it goes on in the carb. i had to use force to get it on there. so it now sits right on the little metal ring, and can not move up and down. i didnt think this would be a problem till this morning my bike did not want to start at all, its acted like it was flooding out. i had to crank it so many time i ran my battery down and i ended up having to finish starting it by jumping it off of my car. so it finally got started and i rode it the 2 miles to work and as i was pulling into the parking lot, it started to backfire alot and died,  and didnt want to start again. but then after a couple of tries i got it to run again. oh and i think some fuel came out of the overflow hoses on the carb.  and i havent gotten my new HD dyna muffler welded on, so i has a small exhuast leak. and the mainjet is now 152.5. with the stock air intake

SO WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?

do i need to just shave the original spacer in half and put that on so that it wouldent be stuck on the little needle thing like the current white spacer ring is?

and if i do have to shave the original spacer in half, what technique did yall use to do this? a dremel?

IP Logged
simplyput2600
Ex Member

Re: white spacer issues
Reply #1 - 04/17/06 at 10:25:30

well im an idiot! i was running out of gas and didnt think of that! so when i switched to reserve she drove fine. but anyhow do yall think the whitespacer being stuck to the rod its on in the carb is bad. does the white spacer need to move a little?

IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #2 - 04/17/06 at 13:38:00

I think we all make that kind of mistakes, I for sure knows I do  Grin
I dont think its a problem that the spacer fits tightly !

WWW   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #3 - 04/17/06 at 16:51:07

Also don't think tight spacer a problem; as far as grind down tecnique, a friend where I work drilled a hole (actually in alumininum, witha drill press) the desired half way, stuck spacer in and filed it down.  Gave it a nice flat face. Cheesy

IP Logged
SeattleSavage
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/17/06 at 17:10:43

It can be tight on the needle, but it cannot be tight in the bore. Ya know what I mean right? The outside diameter cannot be larger than the original white spacer or your needle could get hung up.

Kevin

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #5 - 04/17/06 at 17:49:10

Trippah wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Also don't think tight spacer a problem; as far as grind down tecnique, a friend where I work drilled a hole (actually in alumininum, witha drill press) the desired half way, stuck spacer in and filed it down.  Gave it a nice flat face. Cheesy

I used a hole (depression) in a 2x4 and the put my wifes fingernail file to it. Shhh! Don't tell her. Wink

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:50:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › white spacer issues

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.