PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: How Tall are you?
Reply #15 - 04/13/06 at 02:24:43

Shocked Who me?? I wasn't gonna say anything WD ... honest injun I wasn't!  Wink

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #16 - 04/13/06 at 06:59:16

5'9", 32" inseam, it feels a bit cramped to me, (i ride a harley with forward controls, so its not a fair compare), but i enjoy riding the suzuki, and the thumper torque/response is very comfortable!

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
jendesigner
2004 No Login

Stop, Drop and Chop

Chicago suburbs
Reply #17 - 04/13/06 at 12:32:49

It depends on the person. I'm 5'6" and I felt cramped, so I added forward controls which made a huge difference. But at times I still found myself sitting on the back of the seat. I also have a Volusia which fits me great, but once again I added forward controls, so it comes down also to riding style not just height.
Jen

Jen
  IP Logged
mew7789
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 04/17/06 at 13:02:41

babbalou wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
6'1" & 32" inseam. For me it felt fine on short rides, like the 35 minute commute to work, but longer rides were really bad. I raised my seat & cut off that hump & it made a huge difference. I can ride for hours now with no aching back or legs. Butt hurts after a couple of hours though.

Please explain "cut off that hump".  I have a 32"inseam as well and get monkey but after only 15 minutes. I have raised the front of the saddle many moons ago.

IP Logged
The Newstrums
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 04/17/06 at 15:16:16

I am a 5'4" woman and this bike fits me perfectly, which is actually why I bought it.  I've had 5 other bikes, all of which were to tall for me.  This bike seems to be made for people of a shorter stature.  My husband is 6' and riding my bike causes his legs to cramp up, so...

Sarah
Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #20 - 04/17/06 at 16:45:51

mew7789 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Please explain "cut off that hump".  I have a 32"inseam as well and get monkey but after only 15 minutes. I have raised the front of the saddle many moons ago.

I've got the one-piece S40 seat & I was always wanting to scoot back more to give me more legroom, but that step up to the pillion was in the way. I took off the cover & cut the foam back all the way to the plastic seat base, where it curves up. I could scoot back another 2 or 3 inches & it felt a lot better. I've since cut off the pillion part altogether since it was too small to be of use anyway.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #21 - 04/18/06 at 03:45:14

5' 9" and somewhere between 200 and 210 lbs.  The Savage fits me well but then, I seem to be comfortable on a lot of bikes.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:51:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How Tall are you?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.