Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How Tall are you? (Read 8 times)
Bob Patterson

How Tall are you?
04/12/06 at 11:01:35

I was trying to get an idea if a Savage would be appropriate for a taller rider.  It looks like a good little bike but seemed set-up for the shorter set.  Suzi's add shows it with a women that can't be over 5'4".

I'm 6'4" and aside from doing a test sit was wondering what the average rider's height was and if we had any long-legged members on this board.

I desperate don't want to be folded like an accordian on the bike, or look like a bear on a tricycle from the circus.

Thanks,

Bob

IP Logged
luckyeddy

Re: How Tall are you?
Reply #1 - 04/12/06 at 11:09:38

I wonder about this too, I was all set to buy one until my wife saw me on it and laughed Sad I am 6'2"  I really dont care what other riders think, but i have to hear her opinion so I ended up not buying one.  (even though I really liked them)

IP Logged
Pops
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/12/06 at 11:09:41

There is another post that talks about this her somewhere.but iam 6ft and its not to bad there are a few things you can do to make it a little better.

IP Logged
SAMM
Serious Thumper

No lay down crotch
rocket for me

Portland Oregon
Reply #3 - 04/12/06 at 11:11:20

Bear on a tricycle??    Thanx Bob  Grin  
      Im 5' 10"  and 300 lbs !!!  Around town is great ( a little hard on the tail bone)  I wouldnt want to do a long trip on it ......    Dont get me wrong I love my mistress...  ( so my wife calls her )

My Bike My Mistress ( so my wife calls her )
  IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/12/06 at 11:29:58

6'0", 190 lbs., 32" inseam.

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/12/06 at 13:07:07

5'11" 185 lbs. I am not cramped, but you will be. Go buy a Suzuki S83, bring it to me so I can break it in for you, come back in three years to pick it up. If you can't bring it to me I may be able to come pick it up.

IP Logged
Tammi

The Devil drives a
Buick.

In the spliff bunker
Reply #6 - 04/12/06 at 13:08:40

5' 11" (my weight will NOT be revealed  Smiley )

At times, I think that my S40 seems just a little bit too small for me ... but at other times, it feels just right.

Eventually, I may "upgrade" to the S50, but I really like the light weight of the S40, and I don't have a lot of garage room to spare.

The S50 might be just a bit too big to wedge into the space behind my car and the back wall of my garage.

Cheers. Tammi

I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
-- Green Day
=========
When Jesus said “Love your enemies” ... I’m pretty sure he meant not to kill them.
  IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/12/06 at 13:47:32

I think if u are over 6ft  forward controls should be your best bet.  Heck I felt cramped and Im only 5ft 11'.  After raising the seat an inch and forward controls its like a whole new bike.  I know aftermarket forward controls cost a bunch but we've seen quite a few custom jobs recently on this board.  If you have access to a welder and a grinder then u can make your own.

IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/12/06 at 14:05:05

6'4"  and 170 lbs, 34 inseam...   i haven't ridden her enough to tell you if its bearable or not.. but i plan on keeping her until im off to college atleast.  I am planning on fabbing some forward controls when i get a chance.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #9 - 04/12/06 at 15:44:04

Hgt. = 5'-4 1/2", 30" inseam, 130+lbs ... the Savage fits me like a glove!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Kent
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/12/06 at 17:17:35

6' 210 32" inseam, just too cramped for me...

I outgrew my thumper in 8 months and bought a Kawasaki Concours, but I still ride the Savage as a backup and am now turning it over to my wife.

I think it's just too small for a guy of 6' or more to really ride comfortably.

However, my wife, who's 5' 4" and 125lbs, just loves the fit.

So, there you go!

IP Logged
SouthernMD
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/12/06 at 18:23:22

I’m 5’ 6”, 180 lbs, 30” inseam.  The Savage is my first bike so what do I know but sometimes I feel myself pushing back on the rear seat.

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #12 - 04/12/06 at 19:51:58

6'1" & 32" inseam. For me it felt fine on short rides, like the 35 minute commute to work, but longer rides were really bad. I raised my seat & cut off that hump & it made a huge difference. I can ride for hours now with no aching back or legs. Butt hurts after a couple of hours though.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
shawn_b
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 04/12/06 at 21:10:59

6'1 i love it

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #14 - 04/12/06 at 22:45:48

6'2"ish, 230 or so, 34 inch inseam. I gave it to my stepson, same height but 50 pounds lighter. I ride a Vulcan 800A at the moment. My wife has a VS800/S50, my hips cramp on that bike as soon as I put my feet on the pegs. If you are over 5'10", forget the Intruders exist.

I found the Savage an amusing yet somewhat uncomfortable bike stock. So, I chopped it to fit Rob and my height better. Now is comfortable. Amazing what taller, more forward bars and a cutdown seat can do for one of these things.
-WD

Oh yeah, here it is:

Comfortable, custom, cheap to build and operate. What more could you ask for? Perry, if you say paint, I'll fly to Newfoundland and hunt you down... Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 05:20:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How Tall are you?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.