Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to Adjust Stock Shock (Read 7 times)
thillythavage
Ex Member

How to Adjust Stock Shock
04/03/06 at 19:08:21

Ok, I see where the rear shock gets adjusted, but just can't figure out how to do it.  Is there a special tool or something?

It's just a hole, no teeth, no guides, no numbers.  Argh!  The manual is about as much help as....

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Re: How to Adjust Stock Shock
Reply #1 - 04/03/06 at 19:13:32

Weird as it sounds, I took a drill bit for wood, and used the end of it as it fit the hole perfectly.  Whatever you do, don't try to put a pair of Channel Lock pliers on the collar to turn it.  Don't ask me how I know... Cheesy

Basically, whatever you can get to fit that hole perfectly you can use.  I set mine up all the way and left it so I can ride two-up when needed.  I don't find the ride too harsh either.

IP Logged
thillythavage
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/03/06 at 19:24:52

Geesh, thanks!  I was thinking I was a total idiot not finding anything obvious.

Smiley

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/03/06 at 19:27:46

If you've got saddlebags/supports on your bike, be ready to utter some expletives, because any tool/rod you use with any length on it will hit those supports and complicate what should be a simple adjustment.

I toyed with the idea of seeing if that collar would come off, but decided not to try at this time since I managed to get them where I wanted them.

Maybe one day I'll have the funds to do the Progressive shock upgrade...  Undecided

IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Reply #4 - 04/03/06 at 19:43:41

I asked the same question last December.  The thread was moved to the Technical Documents/Reference section :

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1137768473

This is a lot easier to do if the shocks are removed.

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
thillythavage
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/03/06 at 21:05:57

I knew I had seen that thread somewhere.  I have the shocks removed and the adjustment was pretty easy.  In fact, everything on my bike is off.  The only thing left on the thing is the front wheel.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/15/24 at 01:20:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How to Adjust Stock Shock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.