Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jet Kits (Read 2 times)
Creator_11
Ex Member

Jet Kits
03/30/06 at 14:16:29

I found this site to buy the Dyno Jet Kit.

Was thinking of ordering it since I haven't re-jet the carb after putting on a new pipe and son to be new air cleaner.

http://www.dynojet.com/jetkits/motorcycle/suzuki.php

But it says for 1995 and up, won't it still work for a 1987 savage?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Jet Kits
Reply #1 - 03/30/06 at 21:51:22

The DJ kit consists of a new needle with notches and a clip for adjustability which is really the only thing I found worthwhile when I bought it.  Moving the clip saves you replacing or altering the white spacer.  It also has a few jets, none of which will be large enough to make much difference at all and most certainly won't handle a new exhaust.  Also note that the DJ sizes are not the same as the Mikuni sizes.  In general, you'll still need to buy another jet or two.  It contains a drill bit and a sheetmetal screw to assist you in removing the cap over the pilot jet (idle mixture) screw.  Last but not least, it has a coupon for a free dyno run.  I don't know who will redeem it for you.  I hate to admit being stupid and jumping the gun but I paid the $45 for that kit and then the only thing I used was the needle.  Shave the white spacer and spend $10 on jets and you've done as well in my mind.  Just my opinion.  Take it for what you paid for it.

Oh yeah.  The 87 probably has a larger jet to begin with so you'd likely be downjetting and making a lean condition leaner.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Creator_11
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/31/06 at 06:04:30

Very cool.

Thanks Rob, you just saved me some $  Grin

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 04/03/06 at 20:33:33

i got the stage one dyno jet kit in my 06..maxed out on the neddle and the main with a used hd muff..back fire pretty well gone now that the weather is warming up(above 40) had to take the k&n drop in out and put the stock back..want to go to a louder muff(2 diff years on hd muffs from the same e bay seller older one better imo)got a shorty ordered from j&p had a turn out from jc w wat too loud and couldnt get it tuned in( but weather was cold and am at 4500' elev) mikuini jets are more cost effective.. i like the adjustable neddle cause thats whats on my trail bike(19 mm mikuini) kit was $ 68.  plus shipping.. if $$ grew in my garden id get a carb from lancer............. Roll Eyes

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/14/24 at 21:37:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jet Kits

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.