Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
'nother newbie w/ jet question (Read 1 times)
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

'nother newbie w/ jet question
03/31/06 at 08:07:24

i'm new to the site, thanks for all the good info. i just bought a '96 for the wife, last week. already threw the beer can muffler away, got a 17" sporty pipe outa the local harley shop dumpster, they throw away the "take offs" after five days, (same with handlebars). got a set of harley handlebars from one of the local independent harley repair shops, paid $10 for that, also bought a 152.5 and 155 main jets from him  $2.50 @. i installed the 155 and raised the needle almost 1/2. swiss cheesed the air box cover. question: where do you get the 55 pilot jet? i have three dennis kirk catalogs, and none of the pilot jets appear to be the correct type. the bike runs great, 'cept the flaming backfire at decceleration. the sportster seat just arrived two days ago, it goes on this weekend.
a little 'bout us, we live in yuma,az (its a dry heat Tongue) i'm 43, she's 40, i've been riding my whole life, she's been riding atc's for 20 years, we have dirt bikes, atc's, and street bikes. i ride an '84 harley fxrp, the wife goes to riding school in phoenix next weekend. i do all my own work, on every toy we own, boats, cars, trucks, etc. we look forward to the discussions here.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: 'nother newbie w/ jet question
Reply #1 - 03/31/06 at 08:14:04

take your pilot jet with you to the HD place.  They should have one... or any motorcycle repair shop...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 03/31/06 at 11:42:45

There are several online merchants too, such as Motorcycle-Superstore.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/03/06 at 17:50:12

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
There are several online merchants too, such as Motorcycle-Superstore.

Looking at that website, which pilot jet is the one for our bikes?  I'm thinking about stepping up a size on the pilot.  I've had a few suggest that the discoloring on my muffler could be a pilot jet issue.

IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Reply #4 - 04/03/06 at 19:49:01

Check with Reelthing.

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged