Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
ching bing bing (Read 15 times)
dichotomous
Ex Member

Re: ching bing bing
Reply #45 - 03/16/06 at 05:19:10

I got them off ebay, speedmotoparts I belive, no clue what style they are, I just wanted something to put me in a better position and I think those will do it.  
and I rejetted yesterday, I took the whole carb off the bike, the main annoyance with that is the intake tube, took me about 30min or more to get it back on....  kinda want to switch to a pod filter for this reason (if I give it a shield it wont get wet in the wet state of VT, soup can anyone?).  However, I rejetted, which I thought would be loads harder but took all of 3 minutes, though the white spacer mod was lost as I stripped the heads (I was being very carefull too, used p-oil and everything, those suckers are ON there...) and put it all back together and it ran, 2 cranks and vroom!  rode better, idled better, was smoother throughout, though you could definately tell that the midrange hadent been tuned, and there is no muffler or filter on it yet, so its not a powerhouse still, just smoother and less resistive to the same power it seems.  oh, I replaced with a 152.5 main jet, didnt seem too rich yet, though I wouldnt reallyknow either way.  when I get the slip on I ordered off ebay and throw on a pod filter, which may or may not have an intake tube running out the side or down into the stock airbox location, I imagine this jet will be perfect.  I figure if I get annoyed with the midrange I can also just order new screws and drill those out or something.  
there never was a big backfire on shut down before, but this time, after riding it around (not just idling) it REALLY backfired, 12ga style.... before it just kinda poofed....
it was snowing out, dont know if the temperature or air density would have created a different condition to allow for the ending backfire, and the chinga ching bing bing is still there, maybe it is the speedo cable, though there was plenty or greese inside

IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #46 - 03/16/06 at 07:24:50

I can't wait to get my bike running and running reliably so i can head up north to the mountains near you.  I used to ski a lot at sugarbush which im sure if you live in VT you know where it is.  I plan on taking a lot of rides up in the mountains, such a beautiful place to be especially if i can enjoy the view without my cage.

IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 03/16/06 at 11:24:47

yeah the mid VT green mountain range is quite nice in the summer and fall.  I usually do my hiking along that area.  hard to compare

IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 03/27/06 at 12:35:36

well, the sound is still there after about 150miles after rejetting and doing the white spacer mod.  muffler should come this week.  dont know if that might help.  one thing I have noticed is that it sounds VERY disquieting after mid RPMs, getting into the higher RPMS its starting to sound like its very much not happy, if I am in 3rd gear and going 50 it sounds like it wants to die, and shakes like a paint shaker (though thats not suprising, its a thumper).  but it just gets VERY violent and each thump sounds bad when it gets really revving, then again with no tach I couldnt tell ya where this is happening.  maybe this is running too rich?  stock everything except a 152.5 main and 1/2 spacer, or relatively half, possibly a tad bit more.  I also noticed that it didnt help all too entirely when I did these mods, people on here were saying "different bike"  and all I noticed was that it responded quicker and wasnt "trying" to get into power, didnt really notice too much more power.  the muffler might help.  but really I might also just me an SV650 mid summer if I can get what I paid outta this one, considering the front fender is now smooth and I am likely going to smooth out the tank, I think I might be able to.....

is it possible its also because of the cold too?  I havent yet ridden the bike over 50 degrees F....

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 03/27/06 at 13:40:58

My bike hates cold weather.  I rode to work last night (got down to about 28 here), and it makes all sorts of weird noises until it warms up, and it takes these single cylinders forever it seems to warm up.  My bike is extremely cold-natured.  My GZ250 was as well.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #50 - 03/27/06 at 14:34:53

With stock everything, I'd think a 152.5 is likely to be too rich.  Unless you've opened up the airflow more you should probably stick to a 147.5 or maybe a 150 at most.  That's just a guess on my part.  The changes you described will basically get rid of the majority of the backfiring and maybe give a tiny bit more power... in general, the differences you noted.  The "different bike" scenarios are when you open the airflow up with a different exhaust (and possibly air filter too) and increase the jet size further.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 03/28/06 at 12:15:34

oh ok.  that makes sense, well the mufflers should be getting here this week sometime.  so I will throw them on.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/12/24 at 15:18:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › ching bing bing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.