Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
ching bing bing (Read 15 times)
dichotomous
Ex Member

Re: ching bing bing
Reply #30 - 03/14/06 at 10:36:28

yeah I had that and printed it and was looking and seeing it and then forgot it at work but thought I knew where it was, but I had the whole thing mirrored and thought I was on the left side

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 03/14/06 at 11:52:07

Well, hopefully you haven't damaged anything that would cost you a new carburetor.   Those puppies ain't cheep!!!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #32 - 03/14/06 at 12:17:45

dichotomous wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
yeah I had that and printed it and was looking and seeing it and then forgot it at work but thought I knew where it was, but I had the whole thing mirrored and thought I was on the left side

I know how that can go.  Well hopefully you're right and you didn't really do any damage.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 03/14/06 at 16:48:08

well, I took the actual idle mix adjust screw plug out after work, yes the real one this time!  yup, me=moron
anyways....
took it out, and it can unscrew as much as I feel like, doesnt make much of a difference past 2.5 turns out (I screwed it in all the way first, as a point of begining) and then it idles nice and smooth and there is no backfiring.  I also was now able to reduce the idle speed as well, to almost half what it was, is there any bad things with this or is it more of the "as long as it stays idling and running its cool" type of thing?  it sounds much nicer now.  also did the seat lift, with probably almost an inch of lift, and placed a couple sections of vinyl tubing underneath the old rubber blocks (3/4" OD, 1/2"ID)  and it works nicely, very hard to get the rear mounts to line up though, had to push VERY hard to get the holes to line up, but I did.  too cold to ride at that point and was dark anyways (my permit has a daylight restriction, and I'm gonna respect it)  so I couldnt tell you if the idle mix screw mod helped or not, but thursday or friday I might have a better idea, tommorrow its supposed to snow again so.....
one more question, after searching and reading about the white spacer mod I obviously want to do that and put a 152 main jet in there too, dont know if I will do a different muffler yet but maybe someday.  How hard is it to pull off the carb and diasemble it?  Now granted nobody on here will likely be confident in my mechanics skills after drilling the wrong friggen side of the carb..... but I figure if I only have wrenches and am not actually drilling or cutting I shouldnt have a big problem....  plus that little lesson taught me to be VERY carefull

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 03/14/06 at 17:22:13

It won't be necessary to pull the carburetor off to swap main jets.  If you pull the tank off, then take the top off the carb (you'll be doing that anyhow for the spacer), then you can rotate the carburetor in place and then remove the bowl to access the main jet.

I'm a little confused though.  Are you saying that you have the idle mix screw all the way in and it is idling fine?  Or are you saying that you have a good idle at 2.5 turns out?  If you are at a good idle all the way in, then I'd be wondering if something was up (based on my limited carb knowledge).

If you decide to do the white spacer mod, be VERY careful with those two little screws down inside the slide.  When I did mine, I immediately went to the hardware store and bought identical screws just to have on hand in the event I lost one or stripped the head out of one.

Tom

IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 03/14/06 at 18:08:30

no no it idled horribly slow and hesitant and missed fires and just ran badly all the way in, worse than stock, then 2.5 turns out it seemed to find a happy place

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 03/14/06 at 19:36:51

no no it idled horribly slow and hesitant and missed fires and just ran badly all the way in, worse than stock, then 2.5 turns out it seemed to find a happy place

OK, gotcha.  I thought I was surely misreading what you typed, but I just wanted to make sure. Cheesy

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #37 - 03/15/06 at 03:30:57

Do NOT adjust  the idle RPM too slow. Keep it as per Suzuki's recommendation 1000 - 1100 RPM. Remember the oil supply and when the engine is stopped it does not rotate backwards.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 03/15/06 at 07:01:28

how can I tell where 1100rpm is?
I have no tach..... and nothing to base it on..... I kinda want a tach anyways, maybe on the next bike....

IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 03/15/06 at 11:55:46

how exactly do you rotate it?  the clamp that holds it to the engine?  just loosen that and the intake tube clamp and spin?  could I spin it enough to not need to take off the tank to do the white spacer mod?
oh, and just checking on the size of washers to fill in the white spacer, #4 right?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #40 - 03/15/06 at 12:02:06

how exactly do you rotate it?  the clamp that holds it to the engine?  just loosen that and the intake tube clamp and spin?  could I spin it enough to not need to take off the tank to do the white spacer mod?
oh, and just checking on the size of washers to fill in the white spacer, #4 right?

You'll have to loosen the clamps on both ends, disconnect the fuel line, vacuum line and possibly the throttle cable too.  You'll have to disconnect the fuel and vacuum lines to remove the tank too.  I just pulled the tank and worked on it in place but it's certainly possible that rotating it could be easier.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 03/15/06 at 12:17:52

You'll have to yank the tank to do the white spacer mod.  The "lid" of the carburetor will hit the frame if you try to rotate it.  That is why you need to take the top off the carb before rotating.

I just filed my white spacer down to 1/2 thickness.  Next order I placed from BikeBandit, I ordered a few extra spacers in the event I need to experiment with varying thicknesses.  You will have to figure out a way to evenly round off a #4 washer to get it to fit down into the slide as they are too big in diameter.  That's why I just filed my spacer down instead.

I didn't have to loosen my throttle cable, there was enough play to rotate it enough to remove the bowl.  I rotated mine toward the right side of the bike.

IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 03/15/06 at 13:34:10

now why do I have to remove the bowl?  isnt removing the spacer just a screw on top of the plate right there under the top cover?  this is from the diagram thats on bike bandit and ron ayers and here as well, thats all that seems to come up there is that srew at the top that takes off the plate and then the spacer slides off, right?  this is starting to get more complicated if I have to actually pull a lot of stuff apart....

(I just ordered some flatter 4"rise 4"pb 30" width 5.5" centerwidth bars and a harley slip on take off, next is the main jet to be ordered)

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 03/15/06 at 13:37:04

now why do I have to remove the bowl?  isnt removing the spacer just a screw on top of the plate right there under the top cover?  this is from the diagram thats on bike bandit and ron ayers and here as well, thats all that seems to come up there is that srew at the top that takes off the plate and then the spacer slides off, right?  this is starting to get more complicated if I have to actually pull a lot of stuff apart....

(I just ordered some flatter 4"rise 4"pb 30" width 5.5" centerwidth bars and a harley slip on take off, next is the main jet to be ordered)

If you haven't already rejetted, you'll have to pull the bowl to do the main jet.  If you've already done that, then disregard that part.

IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 03/15/06 at 15:56:23

where did you get the bars, and what style are they?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/12/24 at 15:14:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › ching bing bing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.