Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
ching bing bing (Read 15 times)
911radioman
Ex Member

Re: ching bing bing
Reply #15 - 03/13/06 at 16:25:56

Wow, my plug was flat as a pancake.  It's not a very thick plug, maybe 1/4" or so, if that.  Gotta drill very slowly and very easily so you don't go all the way though.

I hope you didn't damage your carb when you said it took out part of the housing around it.

IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 03/13/06 at 16:32:32

actually, I dont think that I was going on the correct plug now.  I had some dislexia and was on the left side of the bike.  glad I didnt go through too far.  it was the only place I could find with any sort of a plug.  were the carbs different in 2002?  the bike started up just fine after I got sick of drilling and called it a night though, so hopefully its not too bad

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 03/13/06 at 16:39:33

Is yours an '02?  If so, it is identical to mine.  The plug is on the right side of the carb up next to the front  tube that connects to the engine.  Should have a dab of white paint over it.

IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 03/13/06 at 16:48:56

I'm kinda scared to ask what the heck I was drilling then...... can someone look  a little above and to the right of the throttle rocker deal?  a domed brass plug, or I think its a plug.  if I really messed it up I'd rather fix it before I have to have it explode on me on the road, but if its nothing I'd be a lot less worried

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 03/13/06 at 16:56:03

Go here, for a pic of where the idle mix screw is located on the carburetor.  You'll notice the speedo cable in the foreground to give you a landmark on where it is.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1116902127

IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Reply #20 - 03/13/06 at 17:06:13

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
on the pilot jet with holes and without - I can't tell much difference - I sent one of each to someone - steve530 I think - maybe he has had a chance to compare.

I installed the larger pilot with bleed holes, but did not try the larger non-bleed hole pilot jet.  It is an improvement over the stock, but I can't sa that it's because of the bleed jet.  

It's running pretty well, so I'll take Reelthings word for it.

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 03/13/06 at 17:18:42

i just looked at my carb and i think i know what you are talking about.  It's pretty small correct?  My guess would be if you didn't drill deep enough to break through to any passages behind, then it should be ok, i don't believe the carb gets put under extreme loads of pressure.  Thats the engines job.  If you aren't the first owner of the bike, then the plug may already be removed.  Mine was when i bought the bike.

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #22 - 03/13/06 at 17:20:46

my "wing ding metallic sound" went away when I threw threw the belt guard away. Oh well, at least i found it.

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #23 - 03/13/06 at 17:32:05

sounded to me like a belt chirp

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 03/13/06 at 19:28:34

belt chirping or belt guard eh?  that wouldnt suprise me one bit at all.  that belt guard looks like it could make a nice metallic sound.  right up untill I dynamat it that is. lol.  actually if I figure out that its that I just wont care, if it wont hurt the bike, I dont care, noises that are part of the machine and just how it is, thats fine, like a good lover you gotta live with the snoring if you want such a good ride.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #25 - 03/13/06 at 19:39:45

i've said it before, but it bears repeating.

the chirp, like my wifes whinning, i've learned to tune out

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #26 - 03/13/06 at 19:56:40

dichotomous wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
I'm kinda scared to ask what the heck I was drilling then...... can someone look  a little above and to the right of the throttle rocker deal?  a domed brass plug, or I think its a plug.  if I really messed it up I'd rather fix it before I have to have it explode on me on the road, but if its nothing I'd be a lot less worried

well there's a vent tube sort of there - can you post a picture of what you drilled on?

IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 03/14/06 at 05:25:29

I'll take a picture tonight

IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 03/14/06 at 09:59:08

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/album_showpage.php?pic_id=3489

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/album_showpage.php?pic_id=3490

well there it is, my first blunder, wonder how many more I will make....  anyways if someone can tell me how bad this is I would appreciate it, though, well, I rode the bike to work today and there was no problem at all with it that I could tell, so I guess I didnt do anything TOO bad I dont think
I did check the other side and sure enough there is a plug with a small hole in the center and white dot on it, looks like maybe someone already drilled but didnt remove the plug

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #29 - 03/14/06 at 10:03:50

Umm, yeah.  See the spot below marked idle mixture (w/o plug) from the Carb Specs. thread in the Tech Ref forum...

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/12/24 at 15:18:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › ching bing bing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.