Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Handlebars (Read 8 times)
riptide_fl
Ex Member

Handlebars
03/11/06 at 19:09:12

Will the 2004 LS650P handlebars fit the 2006 S40 ?

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Handlebars
Reply #1 - 03/11/06 at 19:39:19

it appears you may need the risers also.  the s40 uses tall risers and a flat bar.  savage uses  short risers and tall pullbacks. cable,s should fit though

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
riptide_fl
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/11/06 at 20:22:38

Thanks for the info Sluggo..hadn't considered the risers !!..Love the new bike, did 100 miles yoday, not sure if I'll get used to the handlebars, had pullbacks on my Magna..I'll give it a few hundred more before I decide !!

IP Logged
Banger

Carpe Zookem

Tennessee, USA
Reply #3 - 03/12/06 at 06:20:33

This is a mod I think I wanna make on my '97 once the paint's on her (it's coming soon!)

What do you reckon a set of new S40 bars and risers goes for? And I suppose it would mount up to the old headstock without much modification?

Regards,
Banger
======

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 03/12/06 at 08:03:38

S40 Bars and Risers will bolt right on the Savage, direct swap-out from what I understand. My '03 has the pull-back bars ... recently sat on an '06 S40 with the flat bars and I couldn't believe what an improvement in Riding posture! The slight lean ahead induced by the flat bars took a bit of weight off of my tailbone!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Banger

Carpe Zookem

Tennessee, USA
Reply #5 - 03/12/06 at 08:31:47

My thoughts exactly. The look is much more sporting, too. Looks a little more muscular. Gotta find out what they'll cost.

Along with dual headlights and new turn signals (and possibly one of those vinyl Cyclegraphics of the Jolly Roger flag, lol), that would round out the matte black "sleeper" customization nicely, I think. Already got the rear signals and new dual taillights fitted.

WWW   IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/12/06 at 11:06:10

Banger, what did you get for rear turn signals?  I'm thinking about changing mine.. but haven't found a set that fit my taste.

IP Logged
riptide_fl
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/12/06 at 12:08:17

Did another 100 miles today and getting to like the S40 bars..kinda agree with Perry after riding the new machine about 250 miles since tuesday ! Back doesn't bother me at all... What a sweet ride !!!

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #8 - 03/12/06 at 12:24:56

8)That's cool riptide! I've heard that the VZ800 Marauder bars (flat drag-style with the buit-in risers) are a direct bolt on for the Savage (as is the Marauder's larger headlight) ... anyone care to confirm this? I'll be those one-piece bars n' risers from the 'Rauder would look great on the Savage!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Banger

Carpe Zookem

Tennessee, USA
Reply #9 - 03/12/06 at 12:43:22

Quote:
Banger, what did you get for rear turn signals?  I'm thinking about changing mine.. but haven't found a set that fit my taste.

I got Drag Specialties bullet marker lights.
http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbook/1728/324/2384666

They're dual filament bulbs, too, so you've got a dim lead and a hot lead for running lights and indicators, respectively. Mount-up required using a round file to make the stock mounting hole just a little more round and less oblong. No big deal, easy to do if you've got a small metal file about the shape of a pencil. You'll have to ground down the stud, though, as it's long enough it'll rub the tire when and if the suspension gets close to bottomed out. In fact, I figured it was long enough it might darn near gash the tire. Grounded it down to where it has just enough room to tighten on the nut and that problem was solved.

They look nice, very retro with the "bullseye" lines in the (plastic) lens.

Regards,
Banger
======

WWW   IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/12/06 at 13:24:13

Thanks Banger,

wow what a good site for lights and such.. im glad you mentioned it, im sure ill find exactly what i want on there!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/12/24 at 13:19:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Handlebars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.