Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
gas tank graphix (Read 17 times)
Jim_R
Ex Member

gas tank graphix
03/09/06 at 06:38:22

What do you guys think about me buying this for my tank?  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-Suzuki-Fuel-Tank-Tape-Savage-Orange-LS650-...

on this

im not sure.  I would love some flame decal but I cant find any that look decent.  I was going to get it airbrushed but me and Torque found out the hard way my airbrush artist friend is terrible.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: gas tank graphix
Reply #1 - 03/09/06 at 06:58:49

certainly different strokes for different folks - but I like the understated gold suzuki sticker from the '95 and older model best I think

IP Logged
red2k1
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/09/06 at 07:26:48

One of the better Suzuki graphics.  However, I think the Savage looks much better without any company specific graphics anywhere.

IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/09/06 at 07:40:37

I'm having the same delema.. painted savage and nothing on  it.. i can't decide if i want to do something custom, buy vynl graphics or put the stock ones on.. or possibly the stock ones that you are looking at as well.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 03/09/06 at 07:42:28

I think the tank looks fine the way it is but you could always try something from these guys: http://www.westonsigns.com/.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/09/06 at 08:09:24

When I painted my bike, I decided to leave off the graphics. (I couldn't afford them). I found some "Savage" graphics on e-bay for less than ten bucks. I put those on my side covers. I see those on e-bay all the time. You get two "SUZUKI" stickers and two "SAVAGE" stickers. I gave the "SUZUKI" stickers to my son.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #6 - 03/09/06 at 08:27:57

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #7 - 03/09/06 at 08:53:57

Those older Savage tank decals are cool ... way better than the ones used from 2000 to 2004! Love the "Big Single"!

There's a company out there (the name of which escapes me ...) that produces tanks decals in the form of replica "Nose-Art" from WW2 aircraft; the kind with 1940's pin-ups ... these look super unique ... but are probably better suited to Bikes with a flat-black or olive-drab paint job ...

www.cyclegraphics.net

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/09/06 at 09:03:20

i was thinking about getting that image
<<--------------- the pin-up on my tank.
but my bike is orange so i doubt it would work.. maybe if i had all the red in that picture changed to black it might work out.. the site vroom put up looks like the place i would need to go to have that made into a decal.

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #9 - 03/09/06 at 09:03:35

Have bought a set, just in case. Prefer this one:

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #10 - 03/09/06 at 09:31:56

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Those older Savage tank decals are cool ... way better than the ones used from 2000 to 2004! Love the "Big Single"!

There's a company out there (the name of which escapes me ...) that produces tanks decals in the form of replica "Nose-Art" from WW2 aircraft; the kind with 1940's pin-ups ... these look super unique ... but are probably better suited to Bikes with a flat-black or olive-drab paint job ...

www.cyclegraphics.net
http://www.cyclegraphics.net/images/Z_C_slot10_view7.jpg

Those are reusable vinyl graphics that work pretty well as long as the tank is smooth and clean.

When I first got my Savage, I put some removable flames from CycleGraphics on the tank sides to cover the Suzuki emblems before I actually removed them.  Here's an old image:

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
SeeAPierce
2005 No Login

California
Reply #11 - 03/09/06 at 11:28:45

I had previously removed the S40 and Suzuki stickers and badges from my bike and just this past weekend removed the Boulevard badges from the tank.  I really like the de-badged look.  If I put anything on the tank it will be something that says something about me...something custom, not something I could see on someone elses bike.  But for now I'm staying smooth clean and clear....

'06 S40 green: sporty muff & 10 degree adapter 155 main jet, 1/2 white spacer, open filter, bar end turn signals
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #12 - 03/09/06 at 12:22:13

Quote:
But for now I'm staying smooth clean and clear....

Grin Just like my head! LOL!!  Grin

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 03/09/06 at 12:58:07

its a really hard decision.  I think it looks kinda plain without anything so I will have to do something.  I have looked at http://www.westonsigns.com/ before and I was not too impressed.  There are some decent designs but some look very cheesy.  I kinda wanted flames at 1st but they are so oveplayed.

Wow such a large response too.  I even though about making my own decal because Im a pro at photoshop, but I heard even with clear coat they fade in the sun.  I dont want that at all.  Decisions decisions decisions!
Thanks for all your responses Smiley

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #14 - 03/09/06 at 13:20:05

I'm probably gonna go with the flat black look for a while (when I get to doing it at all) either with the suggested truck bed liner or powdercoat.  Until then, I am using decals (below) from WestonSigns.com.

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/12/24 at 19:28:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › gas tank graphix

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.