Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Re: Cable lube?
Reply #15 - 12/25/06 at 13:59:00

bentwheel wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
You can buy cable lube in a spray can at most bike shops. You can pick up a tool that attaches to the can to force the lube through your cable. That's the way to go.

FWIW, you can also use chain lube to lube cables (if you have some sitting around and are too cheap to buy dedicated cable lube [who, me?]).

Also, I used Maxima Chain Wax to lube the rear brake cable, since it is so stout.  I use regular chain lube for my cables.

As far as the speedo cable goes, take it out, clean it up with a clean rag, and put a light coat of axle grease on it.  Put it back in and you're good to go!

IHTH someone!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: Cable lube?
Reply #16 - 12/26/06 at 00:56:48

If you don't mind killing the speedo cable I spose you could take the threaded part off & stick an appropriately sized aluminum disk in it with a dab O silicone to seal it to the threaded part & screw it down on the original seal. Lots of stuff would work.

I dunno about bikes, but cars have to have a "High beam" indicator light to pass inspection in Texas.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 09:22:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cable lube?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.