Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Handle Bars (Read 6 times)
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Handle Bars
02/27/06 at 18:20:35

Im toying between the idea of stock sportster bars, or something like this:

http://www.priceleap.com/compare-prices/compare-prices/Khrome_Werks_Custom_T_...

I like the t-bar type look.. if i choose to buy one of those, should i get it with or without dimples?

also im about 6'4 and im wondering what rise i should go with.. either 4, 6, or 8 personally i like the look of the 6.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Handle Bars
Reply #1 - 02/28/06 at 05:11:55

6' 4" huh?  Oh yeah, Coast Guard... I should've known.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/28/06 at 06:09:24

haha well yea 6'4" but not at the coast guard yet. im still a senior in high school, but im going to the coast guard academy for college and majoring in mechanical engineering.. either that or civil.  haven't decided yet

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 02/28/06 at 06:30:42

Yeah, I saw another post of yours indicating CGA.  It's just a saying in the Navy regarding puddle pirates... they are required to be over 6' so they can wade ashore if their boats sink.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/28/06 at 06:37:06

I would go with the bars without the dimples.  I remember Torque had some awesome bars but the dimples prevented his grips to fit properly.

IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/28/06 at 06:40:48

Jim_R wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
I would go with the bars without the dimples.  I remember Torque had some awesome bars but the dimples prevented his grips to fit properly.  

ahh ok thanks, will i need to buy any different hardware to mount the t-bar style bars?

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Yeah, I saw another post of yours indicating CGA.  It's just a saying in the Navy regarding puddle pirates... they are required to be over 6' so they can wade ashore if their boats sink.

haha my dad was in the coast guard when i was younger and i remember him using that term "puddle pirates" haha and he as well was just over 6 feet.   Tongue

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 02/28/06 at 06:51:38

Be sure you check the measurements of the mounting bars.  Bars for Harley's have 3.5" (center to center)  between the bars, which will not fit the Savage triple trees.

IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/28/06 at 06:58:55

hmm well i guess i may be rethinking this, the stock s40 bars are similiar to that t-bar design right? i wonder how hard/expensive it would be to get a set of those

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #8 - 02/28/06 at 12:47:58

I'm running HD FLH bars on mine. Using 19mm deep well sockets for risers. Someone on here had the idea. I like this setup fine. Only 6'1"

Jim

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/28/06 at 19:14:55

got a picture anywhere?

thanks
jesse

IP Logged
dichotomous
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/01/06 at 08:12:50

how wide are the risers apart?  as i how wide do I need the center section to be?  I want to go with a 6-8" rise, 30" width, and -4" pullback instead of the 8" rise, 27" width, and 11" pullback, definately want to kill that pullback, plus I want flatter bars.

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #11 - 03/01/06 at 16:51:08

Here's a couple of shots of my "deep well" socket risers.

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/01/06 at 17:18:32

i get it now.. thats pretty clever, i think i may have to do that and possibly drag bars. too bad the sockets can't give any pull back haha.

IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 03/01/06 at 17:30:40

i wonder if these would work for risers..

http://www.ridegear.com/invt/f6135

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 15:14:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Handle Bars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.