Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Which way do I turn the Pilot jet screw - Left? (Read 7 times)
bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
Which way do I turn the Pilot jet screw - Left?
02/24/06 at 16:48:35

Replaced the main jet with 152.5, got the allen head screws.  Spacer is at .0555, half of when I started at .111.   Having a little trouble getting the plug out.  When I do, should I turn the screw left to richen the mixture?  I'm thinking that is it.  But, I'm not sure.

Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of that which you really love..... Rumi
http://bikepics.com/pictures/598442
bikingb   IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Re: Which way do I turn the Pilot jet screw - Left
Reply #1 - 02/24/06 at 16:52:29

Left (counter-clockwise) to richen, right to lean.

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/24/06 at 16:55:29

Turn the screw all the way in (clockwise), then out 1 turn
that's where you can start. Start the bike warm it up, then slowly turn the screw out til the idle speed picks up. When the rpms drop turn it back in a little bit, til you get the highest rpm. You will probably have to adjust the idle screw out to lower the idle speed. That screw is on the other side, mine has a large thumb screw for the idle speed. If you drill a small (5/32") pilot hole in the plug, you can start a sheet metal screw in the hole and use pliers to pull the little plug out.

IP Logged
bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
Reply #3 - 02/24/06 at 17:07:52

Thanks

Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of that which you really love..... Rumi
bikingb   IP Logged
bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
Reply #4 - 02/24/06 at 17:43:03

Got the screw turned out.  I'll have to put the rest of the carb back together to test it while running.  Giving up for now on getting the white spacer and needle back in for tonight.  Dropped the spacer, thought I'd lost it.  Found it.  Need chill time.

bikingb   IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/24/06 at 17:48:18

I'll tell ya what I did that helped getting the needle and all back in the slide.

I put the slide into a bench vise with an old rag surrounding it with a very light grip so I wouldn't crack or break the slide.  That allowed both my hands to be free and I used needle nose pliers and pushed down on the center of that little brass plate to hold it down flush while I started those tiny screws.  Worked well for me.

IP Logged
bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
Reply #6 - 02/25/06 at 13:53:46

My husband reassembled the carburater.  Thank you Universe for such a talented man.  I put the rest of the carb back togther.  He put the tank on and I reattached all the hoses and the battery.  The bike started right up.

bikingb   IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/25/06 at 13:55:06

Sounds like you're cooking with gas now! Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 13:23:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Which way do I turn the Pilot jet screw - Left?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.