Send Topic Print
Will I be Sorry? (Read 12 times)
Roadie

No, it's not a
Harley.

Lansing MI
Re: Will I be Sorry?
Reply #15 - 02/24/06 at 04:09:38

Well it seems I'm the only "big" guy out there riding this bike.  I'm 5'9" but a bit heavier than all yall..   Roll Eyes  Bike has pretty much all the power I need.  It gets winded on the highway but I think that's normal at 70 mph like all Savages.  I'm sure for all the >170 lb people that ride its really peppy.  I've ridden two up (bit over capacity) and still this beast pulls us along.  

So no, power IS NOT an issue with this bike.  What is the issue?  Ergos, seat I think mainly.  If it's one thing everyone b!tches about at one time or another is the seat from he!!.

But I digress.  I loved the fit of my fathers ACE 750.  If I had twice the money I'd been on that bike.  But again, it's twice the money, ect.  Built better in my opinion too.  

I think if you've got a bit of cash, keep looking around.  You'll know the right bike when you sit on it.  The Savage really was the right bike for me don't get me wrong.  I am not as experienced (to riding) as most people on here, it was my first bike, and well CHEAP.  I got an almost new bike (less than 3000 mi? still had mold spikes on tires) for like half the cost of a new one.

Good all around beginners bike...

IP Logged
luckyeddy
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 02/24/06 at 04:40:02

I guess I won't be getting a s40, went to the dealer with my dreamcrusher (oops wife...) and she laughed when she saw me sitting on it, said I looked like a shriner sitting on a tricycle.  Thanks to everyone for your help.

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 02/24/06 at 06:21:32

Try the S83, it's my dream bike.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #18 - 02/24/06 at 07:47:31

luckyeddy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
dreamcrusher (oops wife...)

ROFLMAO!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
SAMM
Serious Thumper

No lay down crotch
rocket for me

Portland Oregon
Reply #19 - 02/24/06 at 09:40:49

She said you look like a Shriner on a tricycle??  What does that make me look like ??  Im 5 ft 10 and 300 lbs !!!   ouch that hurts !!!

My Bike My Mistress ( so my wife calls her )
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 05:31:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Will I be Sorry?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.