Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rear Brake Light (Read 3 times)
Jim Smith

Rear Brake Light
02/23/06 at 09:15:14

The rear brake light on my 2002 doesn't work with the foot brake.  Looking at it at the foot brake level, it looks as if the cable has come loose - pulling on the cable by hand activates the light fine.  My Clymer book doesn' show how the cable is attacked at the foot brake lever.  Before I take off exhaust elements and foot brake lever, does anyone know what attaches the foot brake lever to the brake light cable?  Thanks!!

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Re: Rear Brake Light
Reply #1 - 02/23/06 at 09:20:36

It's attached to the lever clevis pin. A little angled piece of metal with 2 holes in it. One has the cable end in it and the other with the clevis pin. Maybe the piture tells you more than I can.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/23/06 at 15:55:30

also check in the middle of the line, my bike has a smallll spring right near the airbox but behind the frame rail, that is attatched in the line.  On my bike the spring rusted out so when i pushed the brake the light wouldnt come on because of this.  My spring just rusted out and detatched.  Follow that line that is in the pic above and you should see what im talking about.. i have an 87 should be the same on yours

IP Logged
Jim Smith

Reply #3 - 02/24/06 at 08:28:56

Thanks a lot - the picture was just what I needed.  I'll try and get to the clevis and see what is what.  But it doesn't look too bad.  Just need the weather to improve.  Thanks again.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 03:25:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear Brake Light

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.