Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is this normal? (Read 10 times)
911radioman
Ex Member

Re: Is this normal?
Reply #15 - 02/14/06 at 16:06:29

I agree.  And that sure doesn't indicate that a bike like the Savage (or any other, for that matter) will be a problematic bike.

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 02/14/06 at 16:08:28

And as far as the plug leak goes, I just bought my Savage knowing full well that it had the plug replaced by the dealer.  They took me and showed me the repair and I'm not the least bit concerned with its reliability.

Dealer said it hadn't started leaking yet, but when they took it in on trade, they went ahead and did the repair anyhow to prevent a future issue with a future customer.  I like that approach from a dealer!

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
i just goose the throttle a litRe: Is this normal?
Reply #17 - 02/14/06 at 22:48:44

i just goose the throttle a little(its a wet clutch)at the stop lite and shifting is no prob..less than 500 miles on bike..some times at long lite igo to neut and re adjust my long johns(colorado here) watch the cross lite and fid first when i see the yellow..thats usually when i have to goose her..has been cold enuf the last couple of days(under 50) i run with choke part on so rev a lil higher no back fires no shift issues..new oil and filter and magnetic drain plug @ 300 miles .. will do dyno jet kit,k&n air filter in stock box,jcw 19" turn out muff(hd sportster now)new oil filter @ 600 miles will change to syn oil at 1 k (amsoil 4 stroke) broke her in to specs you can view @ mototuneusa....ride it like you stole it!!!

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #18 - 02/15/06 at 00:28:49

Thumperclone,

Where did you find the magnetic drain plug? What part number & how much?

Thanks!

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #19 - 02/15/06 at 05:21:43

911radioman wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
And as far as the plug leak goes, I just bought my Savage knowing full well that it had the plug replaced by the dealer.  They took me and showed me the repair and I'm not the least bit concerned with its reliability.

Dealer said it hadn't started leaking yet, but when they took it in on trade, they went ahead and did the repair anyhow to prevent a future issue with a future customer.  I like that approach from a dealer!

That's a fine dealer - hope they put some sealer on the new plug - anyway give them an att-a-boy for sure as the suzuki dealer near me is just a flame'n sack of dog sh... never mind...

Hey you can order a magnetic drain plug @ www.magneticdrainplug.com rather interesting bunch of goop it extracts by your first oil change (1500 miles max for me)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 12:30:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Is this normal?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.