Reply #195 - 12/16/06 at 10:12:17

-

« Last Edit: 12/23/07 at 20:24:03 by Dr_Jim »  
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: Show Us Your Ride !!
Reply #196 - 12/16/06 at 10:22:47

I shift without the clutch so often I don't even think about it. Upshift, just relax the throttle a bit to take the load off the cogs & click it in. Downshift, just give the throttle a squirt & click it down at the same time. Up[shift to second from first isn't good under hard acceleration. D/shift to first requires a serious throttle application to not drag the rear wheel. Just try using the throttle to make shifting easy, it works!

IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #197 - 12/16/06 at 11:55:55

Been shifting that way for years, and have never broke anything in 40 years. The only time I use clutch is toset at intersection. Never wore out a clutch cable. I guess when you learn to drive from a truck driver at 12 years old it helps. If truck drivers used a clutch thru all those gears could you imagine what their left leg would look like.With practice it is so easy, people think you are speed shifting. The tricky part is knowing the right time to down shift without over revving the engine. Just takes practice.

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #198 - 12/16/06 at 15:46:02

Dr Jim
     I have put jockey shifts on a lot of bikes over the years and never used a foot clutch. Just use the one on the bars. I know what you are thinking, How do you use your left hand to pull in the clutch, and your left hand to shift at the same time? Answer; you don't. Just shift like Just an old guy and I described and no problems. If for some reason you did not get down to 1st before stopping just reach across with your right hand and pop it into 1st. I have a Triumph chopper that I built 2yrs, ago(for sale) that has a right foot shift and a left hand shift. I have already figured out how to put a "Jock" on the Savage. Very simple really. If you need to know how just PM me.You also wouldn't believe how easy it is to find Nuetral with the hand shift.

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 23:19:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Show Us Your Ride !!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.