Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need a little quick assistance (Read 1 times)
911radioman
Ex Member

Need a little quick assistance
02/11/06 at 12:49:17

I've been out in the garage doing the white spacer mod.  Got the bike all back together and started it, but it will only run with the choke on and at an idle.  When I go to give it gas, it dies.

I think I may have put the needle back in wrong sitting here thinking about it.  When I reassembled everything on the needle, from the top I have...

1. Spring
2. Spacer
3. e-clip
4. washer

I was just searching and found one posting that said it should be...

1.  Spacer
2.  e-clip
3. washer
4.  spring

...but there was no confirmation of this in following postings.

Also, I noted when I took the tank off what looked like 2 long vacuum lines running up from the carb area between the "Y" in the fork of the frame where the carb sits that didn't appear to be connected to anything.

I want to make sure that these lines aren't what is causing my problem in addition to confirming the order of things on the needle.

If anybody can give me a quick reply back, I'd sure appreciate it.  I know it's got to be something I did backwards or minor, just got to figure out what...

Thanks
Tom

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Re: Need a little quick assistance
Reply #1 - 02/11/06 at 13:02:29

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0372/carburetor/carburetor.cfm?man=su&group...

Though I've had my carb apart a dozen times, I couldn't remember the order but this link might be of use.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/11/06 at 13:53:43

I got it.  Had the spring in the wrong order.  Went back out and fixed that little goof and all is well in Savageland now!

Thanks for your help!

IP Logged
SeeAPierce
2005 No Login

California
Reply #3 - 02/11/06 at 14:14:55

And just to close the loop on the question, those 2 vacuum lines are vent hoses and should not be attached to anything.

'06 S40 green: sporty muff & 10 degree adapter 155 main jet, 1/2 white spacer, open filter, bar end turn signals
  IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/11/06 at 14:37:48

Cool deal.  I kinda that that because I couldn't see any logical place to connect them, but then again I was a tad frustrated trying to figure out how to remove/reinstall the tank that it sorta preoccupied me. Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 00:34:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need a little quick assistance

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.