Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Silver/blue color (Read 3 times)
luckyeddy
Ex Member

Silver/blue color
02/08/06 at 08:50:37

What does the new silver blue color look like in person?  My dealer has one in a crate but wont open it yet as they are also snowmobile dealers.  Is it a "metallic powder blue" as it appears in the website, or more silver?  I was leaning toward a black one but they wont get one of those in until much later this spring, I'm getting anxious.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Silver/blue color
Reply #1 - 02/08/06 at 08:59:58

Saw an '06 S40 in the silver/blue color at a local Stealership recently ... really didn't care for it much ... looked kinda "washed out" to me ... when in doubt about what color Bike to buy, ya can't go wrong with black ... that said, the nicest color being offered for '06 is the red ... that looks super!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
SeeAPierce
2005 No Login

California
Reply #2 - 02/08/06 at 15:24:16

I really like the silver/blue of my 06 S40.  The color on the web site seems pretty close - although your monitor may differ...I was really surprised when they told me I was buying a "Silver" bike of any kind...always looked (and still does) simply blue to me...to each his own - If they didn't have the "Silver" I would have gone to black...not a fan of the red myself.

'06 S40 green: sporty muff & 10 degree adapter 155 main jet, 1/2 white spacer, open filter, bar end turn signals
  IP Logged
necropsy
2005 No Login

Suzuki '05 S40

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reply #3 - 02/08/06 at 18:08:33

I feel the same way SeeAPierce.
Your bike looks nice that color.
Last year I had the choice between Black and White.
The white didn't do it for me ( and was $1000 more?!?! )
I may have had a hard time choosing between Black and Blue.

Music calms the SAVAGE beast
  IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #4 - 02/08/06 at 18:37:02

I have a black and I love it. But I dig black. I did get a chance to see the blue in person, and it's a nice metallic color. But I don't think it's for me. Now a really nice medium grey metallic would be sweet!

IP Logged
SeeAPierce
2005 No Login

California
Reply #5 - 02/08/06 at 20:42:07

Yea - I've seen some pics of the Savage in some nice greys, liked it a lot...after some time and some chips I may go to grey.

'06 S40 green: sporty muff & 10 degree adapter 155 main jet, 1/2 white spacer, open filter, bar end turn signals
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 02/09/06 at 02:17:21

8)Pierce ... I hope you don't think I was dissin' the color of yer Bike ... color preference is very subjective anyways, with no particular shade being actually "better" than any other!
Love the look of that muffler on your LS! Is is a Sportster muff? Did you have to re-jet the carb for that installation?

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
necropsy
2005 No Login

Suzuki '05 S40

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reply #7 - 02/09/06 at 07:00:14

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
8)Pierce ... I hope you don't think I was dissin' the color of yer Bike ... color preference is very subjective anyways, with no particular shade being actually "better" than any other!

Very true !!
My "tastes" inparticular considering the fact that I'm red/green colorblind.

Music calms the SAVAGE beast
  IP Logged
SeeAPierce
2005 No Login

California
Reply #8 - 02/09/06 at 07:55:19

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Love the look of that muffler on your LS! Is is a Sportster muff? Did you have to re-jet the carb for that installation?

No worries man - s'all good  Cheesy  I didn't think you was dissin my bike color choice.  I agree, we all have different tastes and that is a good thing!  This list would be very boring if all our bikes were the same!
Thanks for the muff comment!  Yea it's a Sportster with a 6" 10 degree adapter and a Harley heat shield cut and bent to my will. Grin  I went up to a 152.5 main and 1/2 white spacer and out 1.5 turns from stock on the pilot air screw.  Almost no backfire and when it does it sounds mellow, not like to old gunfire backfires I used to get at stock Tongue

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #9 - 02/09/06 at 08:42:56

Aye, mine's the black basically because that's the color of the bike I found and black has been okay enough that I haven't been driven to change it yet.  I must admit that I really like that pearl white they had recently though.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 02:11:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Silver/blue color

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.