thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
o6 s40
02/04/06 at 21:35:28

Wink well  first 5 days and first 200 miles( had to work and still winter on the west slope) got about 60 mpg on my first tank mainly city some hwy..got THE backfire to lossen its grip by changing my riding style...ordered a hd exhaust on e bay with clamp and shippingjust under $63  buy now price..ordered 7"heat sheild from jc whitney $25 shipped not going to get crazy like i did on my ct 70 clone mini trail(pimped it out the wife loves it!!)
suzuki dlr owes me saddle bags and rear luggage rack and sissy bar should be in b4 next week end..
have the boulevard sport sheild 15" tall would like  larger for next winter .. saw some @ cruser coustom on line store any input about tall sheilds appreciated..  also source for k&n air filers for stock air box..thanks!!

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re:  o6 s40
Reply #1 - 02/05/06 at 13:28:41

With the exhaust and air filter change you should replace the stock 145 main jet with a 152.5 main. A small in line fuel filter is real good insurance for keep the carb clean also. Enjoy your '06 Grin

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 02/05/06 at 15:02:34

And the white spacer mod and idle mixture adjustment.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 02/06/06 at 11:05:16

Ed L. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
With the exhaust and air filter change you should replace the stock 145 main jet with a 152.5 main. A small in line fuel filter is real good insurance for keep the carb clean also. Enjoy your '06 Grin

definitely the fuel filer!!a shop here has the clear plastic ones with brite pink element easy to see with these ol eyes.. will pull seat and tank this week and do a plug read..may try to force the b.f. issue with the dealer first talk to the serv mgr already he was clueless.. we'll see

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 02:44:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › o6 s40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.