Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
metal polishing? (Read 5 times)
saabsaviur
Ex Member

metal polishing?
02/03/06 at 10:18:42

Has anyone tried polishing the engine components? are they alluminum? i want to polish mine i was wondering, i know i need to strip the clear the spray on it, will those flitz buffer balls work or will i need something industrial

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Re: metal polishing?
Reply #1 - 02/03/06 at 16:20:28

saabsaviur wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Has anyone tried polishing the engine components? are they aluminum?

They're aluminum. Yes you can polish them no problem. Without clearcoat you'll have to stay after them. Just polish them when you polish the rest of your bike or re-clearcoat them.

Quote:
i want to polish mine i was wondering, i know i need to strip the clear the spray on it, will those flitz buffer balls work or will i need something industrial

Strip the clearcoat with paint stripper from the hardware store and some 0000 steel wool. I do my polishing by hand with Simichrome polish and a clean rag. Put on some wax to finish up.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 02/03/06 at 17:35:31

If I were to do any sort of metal forming/finishing I would get my tools and supplies from <u>Eastwood.</u>

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 02/04/06 at 13:53:25

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
If I were to do any sort of metal forming/finishing I would get my tools and supplies from <u>Eastwood.</u>

I've purchased from them a couple of times and would definitely do so again.  Also, while they do pitch some products via links in them, the articles in their Tech Library are informative... at least to me.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 07:52:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › metal polishing?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.