Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
21" front wheel (Read 30 times)
val
Ex Member

21" front wheel
12/28/05 at 18:43:54

Hello everybody I am a new member and I am thinking of buying a suzuki savage to use as a base platform for customising. One of the first thing that I would like to do is to put a 21" front wheel. Does anybody as done it and would have picture ? Also does it require to change the front braking system, since it look like it is a 4 hole hub where the disk brake is attach? All the 21" wheel that I saw for sale have 5 hole in the hub where the disk is bolted.

Would like to have some feedback

Thanks

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Re: 21" front wheel
Reply #1 - 12/28/05 at 19:38:08

I was thinking the same and I think the way to go is to buy from a junk yard some 21"wheel  with 36 spokes. Next is to take apart both wheels and use the Savage's hub and the rim and spokes from the junk yard wheel. This way all the brake and suspension components will stay original.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 12/28/05 at 20:36:28

That is the way to go, using a 21" rim and redoing the spokes to match.  Although I would go with a new rim...looks better and will be straight...no problems.

IP Logged
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
Reply #3 - 12/28/05 at 20:46:50

the Savage front brake is rather border line with a 19 in.wheel, a 21 in. wheel would make it a little less efective than it is now due to the more leverage on the components of the brake assembly. I don't think the 21 in. wheel is a good idea with stock brake assembly. install a larger diameter rotor and relocate the caliper, the 21 incher would probably work well. just my .o2 cents worth. diesel.

IP Logged
val
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/29/05 at 13:24:12

That something to keep in mind, the braking sytem on the savage does seem to be border line and a bigger disc with a stronger brake would be a good idea. But this means a new fork to install the new braking system or a braket to adapt the brake caliper to the original fork.

A bigger job than what I anticipated.

Thank for the reply.

What would be great is to have someone that has already done it and could share is experience and pic to see the look.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #5 - 12/29/05 at 13:57:55

val wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
A bigger job than what I anticipated.

as is the case with most mods

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #6 - 12/29/05 at 18:43:56

Yeah the brake would suck w/21".

diesel wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
the Savage front brake is rather border line with a 19 in.wheel, a 21 in. wheel would make it a little less efective than it is now due to the more leverage on the components of the brake assembly. I don't think the 21 in. wheel is a good idea with stock brake assembly. install a larger diameter rotor and relocate the caliper, the 21 incher would probably work well. just my .o2 cents worth. diesel.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #7 - 12/30/05 at 06:19:59

Relacing a 21" wheel onto a Savage hub would probably take the same amount of time as just swapping out the front forks with the wheel and better brakes. The fork transplant would give better results overall. Just my .02 cents

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 08:12:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 21" front wheel

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.