Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My friends bike (Read 9 times)
grapefruit
Ex Member

My friends bike
12/16/05 at 15:55:49

What do you think? Do you like this style?

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: My friends bike
Reply #1 - 12/16/05 at 17:07:12

thats a killer bike! gotta love that sissy bar.it's a 250 virago right?or is it a 750 ???

IP Logged
grapefruit
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/16/05 at 17:10:59

This is a '93 virago 535  Smiley

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 12/16/05 at 17:31:07

you ask what i think and here it is. it ain't a savage.  who cares what it looks like, Grin  i'll never ride or think about it.  i'm a thumper dude.  8)  it's all i'll ever own.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 12/16/05 at 19:59:33

Now don't go sugar-coatin' it Sluggo.  Tell us how you really feel.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
kikuchiyo
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/16/05 at 20:25:35

Hey! My first bike was Virago 535. SUPER BIKE! (except for small tank- 80 miles on the highway and the low gas light would go on). Also, I liked the shaft drive, no maintenance. Too bad I totalled the bike into some lady with no peripheral vision driving an old Chevy.

IP Logged
kikuchiyo
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/16/05 at 20:26:37

Sluggo is in the bad mood Smiley

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #7 - 12/16/05 at 20:36:05

kikuchiyo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
Sluggo is in the bad mood Smiley

not at all in a bad mood, just a smart arse who loves thumpers.

IP Logged
grapefruit
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/17/05 at 02:17:52

I just wanted to know what do you think about those kind of bikes...that's all..Personally i don't like this style, it's a probably old school chopper look? In my opinion the stock virago looks much better. Simplicity is the attribute what i'm looking for and i found it in savage  Smiley

Soon i'll give you a picture of my thumper in winter scenery, it's simply beautiful, i love it Smiley

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #9 - 12/17/05 at 05:33:42

Though I'm more partial to Bobbers as opposed to Choppers ... I've always liked the V-go 535's (great Bikes!) and that is a nice job of an Old Skool Chopped Virago!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #10 - 12/17/05 at 05:40:39

grapefruit wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:

What do you mean by "style"?  All my opinon:

The extended forks have the front end lifted, unlike the extended forks on the Savages of Hog Hunter or Jesse Ray.  While I like the looks of the extended forks on those two Savages, on this Virago it looks as if he is constantly trying to wheelie and is silly looking.  It also places the tank at a ridiculous angle.

Saddlebars on a 'chopper' are stupid.  You chop to cut weight, bags are for adding weight.  Not to mention that the cheap leather he has are saggy baggies giving him a saggy butt look.  I have a saggy butt look off the bike, don't need it on the bike as well.

Looking all the way back, the plate in mounted above the taillight, like a flag or something.  Would have been no effort to mount on the sissybar so it would not be sticking out.

If I had gotten a Virago the first thing I would have done is somehow lose that Virago Pod -- maybe put airhorns in to fill the resulting gap.  Anything other than that chromed blob.

The biggest style flaw is the second cylinder -- looks as stylish as a two-headed mule.

About the only thing on that bike that is stylish are the laced wheels.

WWW   IP Logged
grapefruit
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/17/05 at 08:19:30

Thank you for your professional opinion Paladin.

You are right, my feelings are similar. I think this modification (extendet forks) needs a different frame geometry to keep the bike low as in savages you mentioned, that's the main thing.

About the plate - good idea, it will be done.

Stylish like two-headed mule? - that's good

Cheesy

IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #12 - 12/17/05 at 15:36:28

I've never really dug the extended fork thingy. I know, it's a true 'chopper', but I just don't like it. I had a bicycle with extended forks when I was a kid, and I hated riding that thing. I hated how it handled. I hated how it looked. I like a bike to be subtle in it's style and sweet in it's handling. Personally, I'd take a bobber a thousand times before I'd take a chopper.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #13 - 12/17/05 at 16:24:19

mmosel wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
I've never really dug the extended fork thingy. I know, it's a true 'chopper', but I just don't like it. I had a bicycle with extended forks when I was a kid, and I hated riding that thing. I hated how it handled. I hated how it looked. I like a bike to be subtle in it's style and sweet in it's handling. Personally, I'd take a bobber a thousand times before I'd take a chopper.

actually, a bobber is a "true chopper", in the 60's extended forks came about because of the front wheel, they wanted a smaller one so they had to compensate by extending the forks.  

the term chopper comes from the late fourties and early 50's.  guys would "chop" off all the excess parts to make it lighter and faster.  

so the only "chopper" is a bike that someone  bobbs or such, you can not go buy a chopper, you can buy a "custom", not a chopper.  

so o.c.c  is a acutually  orange county custom's. not choppers.

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #14 - 12/17/05 at 18:22:28

i still would ride that over a savage anyday Wink the encyclopedia says a "chopper" is a customized motorcycle.a "bobber" is a motorcycle that has no unneeded crap,fenders,belt guards,sh!t like that.

but yeah i still love it,i just like that it has two cylinders,just like i have two nuts Grin

i like that its high off the ground,a real go anywhere crusier .  not just anouther ground scraping  p.o.s "custom"

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:36:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My friends bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.