Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Greetings from Poland (Read 3 times)
grapefruit
Ex Member

Greetings from Poland
12/15/05 at 12:53:07

First of all I must say this is the best place for all Savage owners on the internet! The knowledge I found here is huge. Thank You!

Savage is my first bike and I bought it this summer with only 5000km on it. The bike really looks like a new one though it is 1995.

First thing I changed was handlebars, I prefer low and wide handlebars, after that rised front of a seat and  took off sissybar. My friend is making nice little grip for me, similarly like this one:  http://suzukisavage.com/gallery/ALang1.jpg . I also bought new, bigger rear tire (dunlop 150/80/15, not on the bike yet).

My future plan is to change footpegs and the muffler.

I have opportunity to buy a pair of HD Dyna mufflers in very good condition, for only 69$, will it be match to Savage? They are drilled and louder then stock. I need lower, deeper, more powerful  sound from my savage Smiley, is it possible with Dyna muffler?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Greetings from Poland
Reply #1 - 12/15/05 at 12:57:28

Welcome to the site!  Unfortunately I don't know for sure about that particular muffler but I'm sure someone here will.  You will likely need to make an adapter with about a 10 degree bend to have it fit properly since most straight mufflers require this.  Someone can probably tell you for sure though.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/15/05 at 12:59:29

The HD Sporster muffler works quite well on Savages. The header pipe fits the muffler, you just have to use your imagination about the mounting tab. I mounted mine with the tab on top of my bracket and ran the bolt up thru the bottom. You need to make sure the mufflers you are looking at have a 1 3/4" connector.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 12/15/05 at 14:38:22

grapefruit wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
First of all I must say this is the best place for all Savage owners on the internet! The knowledge I found here is huge. Thank You!

Savage is my first bike and I bought it this summer with only 5000km on it. The bike really looks like a new one though it is 1995.

First thing I changed was handlebars, I prefer low and wide handlebars, after that rised front of a seat and  took off sissybar. My friend is making nice little grip for me, similarly like this one:  http://suzukisavage.com/gallery/ALang1.jpg . I also bought new, bigger rear tire (dunlop 150/80/15, not on the bike yet).

My future plan is to change footpegs and the muffler.

I have opportunity to buy a pair of HD Dyna mufflers in very good condition, for only 69$, will it be match to Savage? They are drilled and louder then stock. I need lower, deeper, more powerful  sound from my savage Smiley, is it possible with Dyna muffler?

welcome,

i tried that tire and it wouldn't fit my savage.  bobbed and all.. it contacted the swing arm.  check it out.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
grapefruit
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/15/05 at 15:41:27

Thank You for quick answers. I probably don't take these Dyna mufflers and will be searching for Sportster muffler...

I was convinced this tire would fit... Sad , the difference is only 10 mm...well,...I'll check it out.

IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/15/05 at 17:02:54

Welcome , grapefruit.  i had a polish friend years ago and i called him 'polski gorki' cuz that's all i knew! Wink

He laughed every time i said it!

IP Logged
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
Reply #6 - 12/15/05 at 18:04:49

be raised in the coal regions of weatern Pa. one of the polish phrases I lear'nt was "di   me   piwa"  after that, you got all the beer you could drink.

IP Logged
grapefruit
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/16/05 at 07:35:07

Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com