Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New Paintjob and Homemade Forward Controls (Read 24 times)
Jim_R
Ex Member

New Paintjob and Homemade Forward Controls
12/11/05 at 20:27:34

Torque is the MAN PPL!  He painted my bike after I sanded it down to metal.  His dad, him, and me all made forward controls.  It was mostly Torque tho, and I learned alot just watching and helping.  I really know he needs to go to motorcycle school because he has alot of talent and skill.  I am very proud of the job he has done for me and I owe him a lot.  I am very honored to have him as my friend and I got to show you guys these pics of some of these projects.

here is a view of the top tank

here is a pic of the left side of the tank.  Check out the chrome door molding on the bottom of the tank on those seams.  Looks great.

Here is two full pics of the bike.

ok time for two pics of the controls

ok here is a pic of the back

ok I also changed all the lens to clear including the rear brake.  I then bought silver coated amber bulbs for the rear turn signals (1156),  amber LEDs for front (1157) and a red LED brake light.  If this wasnt enough I bought a rainbow strobe..  U attach it over ur h4 headlight bulb and it makes fruity colors. when u look into it and it cast a rainbow shadow a little.  U can only see it up close tho so hopefully I wont get pulled  8).

Did I mention that Torque was the bestest friend a guy could ask for?  Check out his bike too.  

Mine used to be that black turdy one in the background.   Thanks again Torque.

U ROCKKKKKKKKKKKK!  woo woo

IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Re: New Paintjob and Homemade Forward Controls
Reply #1 - 12/12/05 at 02:39:09

That is one awesome looking bike!  Gotta get them forward controls going!!  

One question - just what, exatly, are fruity colours?  Not that there's anything wrong with them!! Grin

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 12/12/05 at 04:00:23

Nice job guys!

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/12/05 at 04:05:21

well the headlight actually makes a rainbow effect.  kinda kewl and catches ur eye.

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #4 - 12/12/05 at 06:43:03

Jim_R wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
Did I mention that Torque was the bestest friend a guy could ask for? Thanks again Torque.

awwww,i think i'm gonna cry :'(

those pictures dont to the paint justice,its PPG red pearl metalic red tint,i'm glad to be done with that project Grin now i've got to find something to fill up the empty space in the shed 8)

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #5 - 12/12/05 at 07:50:20

Wow!!! Very cool. Love the paint, and the forward controls are awesome!!!!

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #6 - 12/12/05 at 07:51:31

Now where did the pics go??? Embarrassed

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #7 - 12/12/05 at 13:59:37

So, how does it feel riding with the forward controls?

You know, you would think that there would be a forward controls kit for the Savage for $100 - not $500. Just insane.

DIY seems to be the way to go.

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/12/05 at 15:29:35

yeah torque is right.  The pics dont do the paint ANY justice..  In fact it looks off, kinda coppery in the pics.  ITS RED hehe.  Darn digital cameras.  Takin pics at night are stinky.  Maybe Ill take some this weekend when its actually bright outside.

Yeah it only cost me and torque together $20.00 for the steel.  4 sections of 10 in by 12 in cut down.  Luckily his dad had a welder so we cut the shifters in half, welded a pipe between them and hooked them up.  For the brake I CANT remember exactly but it was a piece of flat steel.  Maybe Torque can fill that part in for ya.  We also grinded off the mount for the stock brake line and attached it to the steel.  

Thanks to Torque I got a bike to be proud of.  Oh and when I refer to we I mean Torque doing and me watching and learning.  I did hold some tools technically. hehe

IP Logged
SAMM
Serious Thumper

No lay down crotch
rocket for me

Portland Oregon
Reply #9 - 12/12/05 at 15:29:40

You would think maybe someone would have a template for the plates that someone could mail out for a small charge for postage ?? Grin or Post actual size and dementions to print out...    Nice Job   Bike looks Great !!

My Bike My Mistress ( so my wife calls her )
  IP Logged
Tom W.K

Reply #10 - 12/12/05 at 19:34:09

Thats just an exelent job... really nice Savage

IP Logged
zukimans40
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/12/05 at 21:02:53

Great job! She is a looker!!

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #12 - 12/13/05 at 14:31:06

SAMM wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
You would think maybe someone would have a template for the plates that someone could mail out for a small charge for postage ?? Grin or Post actual size and dementions to print out...    Nice Job   Bike looks Great !!

i could do that ,but both of our bikes were slightly diferent,as the bolts didn't line up.and only u can determine how far u really want your feet extended,some taller ppl might want them way out.

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 12/13/05 at 15:09:28

yeah I think me and torque's shift linkage were different too.  Mine was thicker and his was thinner.  We all know that the frames arent exactly the same.  

Check the forward control thread in the Technical/Document section.. Its what we used.

here is the link

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1115652141

IP Logged
lcs151
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 12/20/05 at 09:07:28

If anyone out there is willing to make me some forward controls I will pay you for them! If there are any handy people who have done them before and could do them again and want some $$ I would love to know! Please e-mail me at lshuty@yahoo.com if you would like to help me. Thanks guys!
-Lauren

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 04:29:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Paintjob and Homemade Forward Controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.