Send Topic Print
Footpeg vibration (Read 6 times)
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Footpeg vibration
12/01/05 at 11:06:20

I've noticed something on a number of occasions that seems rather odd to me.  When running at high speeds, the right side of my bike seems to vibrate much more than the left.  It's not too bad in the handlebars, but the right footpeg is a killer.  I can feel the vibration on the lieft side peg, sure.  But it's nothing like on the right side of the bike.  Is this is at all normal for a Savage?  Is there any way to cure this?  Am I just nuts and imagining things again?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
kikuchiyo
Ex Member

Re: Footpeg vibration
Reply #1 - 12/01/05 at 11:26:16

It has got to be normal because the same thing is happening to me. Sometimes my right foot gets fatigued and I lower the speed a bit just to find the "right frequency."

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 12/01/05 at 11:42:58

Never noticed that but now I'll pay closer attention just to see.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
dssaak
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/01/05 at 12:19:26

It is the same both on my '02 and '03.

dk

IP Logged
RocksimusMaximus
2005 No Login

Reply #4 - 12/01/05 at 13:50:59

Make sure your header pipe is on good and tight. Mine used to do the same thing and one day while messing around with my muffler I noticed the bolts holding the header on were pretty loose. After I tightened them down the problem stopped... worth looking into.

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #5 - 12/01/05 at 17:05:04

Let me guess! It happens around 65 mph, right? That's is normal; you can either slow down to 60 mph or go up to 70mph then the vibration will go away (quite a bit ???)

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
TBeck2000
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/02/05 at 11:19:27

Here's a thread about the same topic (Vibrations on right side) from last year: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

Pretty much the same replies as here.  A possible solution (other than changing speed) that was discussed is to use heavier foot pegs.

IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #7 - 12/02/05 at 11:27:22

Hmmm...probably should have found that previous discussion first.  But I can't help but wonder...does anyone actually know why the right side vibrates more than the left?  I admit, it's got me baffled.

Thanks for the help!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:02:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Footpeg vibration

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.