Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
S40 pillow gel seat (Read 10 times)
btsloan
Ex Member

S40 pillow gel seat
11/27/05 at 12:38:27

This is my opinion of the gel seat. Just put it on yesterday. First off its is more narrow than the stock seat. Why Suzuki did this I don't know. Don't they know that wider seat gives more support. Anyway it does cut down on the vibration alot. I feel that even with this seat that it needs to be raised a little in the front like the stock seat. For the short rides so far it feel comfortable. We will see on much longer rides. I think having less vibration will help more on those long trips. The rear portion of the seat is more narrow too. Going to hang on to the stock seat for awhile. I know the stock seat got more comfortable over time.  We will see with the gel seat. For as looks, it looks great on the bike.

Ps. I got the Memphis Shades POP TOP sport shield. Cuts the wind off the chest. The wind blast hits about eye level on my helmet. I'm 5'8" and think that going to the BIG SHOT sport shield work even better. Measuring 4" more from the top of the 16" POP TOP,  I would still easily see over the 20" Big Shot.
I would still keep the POP TOP for those hot days and use the BIG SHOT on the longer trips. Both are quick release.

IP Logged
cigaro
Ex Member

Re: S40 pillow gel seat
Reply #1 - 11/28/05 at 10:59:44

Those are interesting impressions. I still have the stock '04 Savage two piece seat and like it, though I need to raise the front. The current set up agle strains my back pretty fast.  I wondered, has anyone tried the wooden bead pads?  They actually got good reviews in the seat pad round up in Motorcycle Cruiser. They're only about $35 and I'm thinking they might be good for a longer ride.

IP Logged
Tony
2004 No Login

Saugerties, NY
Re: S40 pillow gel seat
Reply #2 - 11/29/05 at 04:18:52

Check out the tech section on the seat mod to raise the seat. I switched over to the gel seat early this summer and was disapointed with the differences in the size as well. I also had the feeling that I was being pusher forward into the tank. I performed the mod using the rubber stopper method (sorry, but i dont remember whos idea this was), and was astounded  with the change. I wont go back to the old seat.

This is one mod that should be stock from suzuki!

-Tony

......Remember;
Where ever you go,
there you are.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 01:16:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › S40 pillow gel seat