Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
It is alive!!! WooHoo!!!
10/10/05 at 00:02:37

The Savage is back in the land of the running. Got it going about 1800 hrs on Sunday. It runs, but still not quite ridable.

The throttle changes as the cable moves side to side under the bars. Remember, on my old bike, the cable does not run under the tank, it free swings. Have a new in the package stock cable to install, fun fun, looks like a major leaguer nuisance.

The right side of the apehanger is pushed back roughly 10 degrees. Simple problem, simple solution, still have the stock bars (yuk). Kid may have to use those until I feel like straightening the apehangers. Or until he buys new apes and some of Lancer's cables.

Still needs a new right side peg. I think we'll replace those with some decent HD type. The BSA peg rubbers lasted about 2.5 months...

New cateye tail light, grilled rear signals, and plate mount are on and work great. Now, to make it last until we pick up a different rear fender and redo it yet again...
-WD

Goodnight. It is now midnight on Sunday, gotta work in the morning, spent the weekend wrenching and trying to kickstart the XT550 (actually 558cc, but who's counting?). I think it needs a coil, no spark, everything else works fine.

I'll snap a pic of the new rear set-up in the next day or so. Looks pretty decent.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: It is alive!!! WooHoo!!!
Reply #1 - 10/10/05 at 05:42:13

Congrats, sounds like it's pretty close.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/10/24 at 08:58:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › It is alive!!! WooHoo!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.