Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Savage/S40 Fender Rails Exchange (Read 748 times)
savagethumper
Ex Member

Savage/S40 Fender Rails Exchange
05/05/05 at 19:38:19

In case any of you are wondering, there are actually a few minor differences in mounting the rear chrome strips/backrest from the S40 to the Savage.  I recently traded my 2001 Savage backrest and chrome supports, for some S40 rear chrome supports.  The S40 parts are thicker, requiring longer bolts when mounted on a Savage.  Also the screw that holds the turnsignal in place on the S40 is recessed about a 1/4 inch.  The screw on the Savage turnsignal is flush.  Same thread pattern, though.  The middle bolt on each side is interchangeable, but the front two bolts are not.  I'll need to get about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch longer bolt to mount his S40 strips on my Savage.  He'll probably have to get shorter bolts for his S40.  Anyway, other than those minor things, they match up perfectly, with no drilling needed. They look great too.  Traded even swap. and we're both giddy as school girls.

Title edited by Susan for inclusion in Technical Corner

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Re: Savage/S40 chrome trade tips
Reply #1 - 05/05/05 at 21:34:57

Why didn'tcha trade bolts and screws as well?  ???

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/06/05 at 17:51:27

in reply to Gitarzan, we thought the bolts and hardware were exactly the same till we recieved them in the mail.  Cheaper to buy bolts, than to mail them back and forth.  Also much quicker.  I traded with a guy from Kentucky.  I like the bolts I bought better, anyway.  They don't stick out as much on the inside of the fender.  We did remember to keep our own taillights and helmet locks, though.

IP Logged
yamawho
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/08/05 at 05:49:11

Any idea how much the S40 rails would cost new ?

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #4 - 05/08/05 at 07:10:19

At www.ronayers.com they list for $73.40 a piece + you need longer bolts.

Greetz
kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Savage/S40 Fender Rails Exchange
Reply #5 - 05/26/11 at 15:30:42

I recently changed rails on my '07 with rails from an '01. the '07 rails had a locator pin near the signal mount that the 01 did not have. Al;so there is a larger gap between fender and rail on the '01, which i corrected with door edge moulding.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 01:32:20

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Savage/S40 Fender Rails Exchange

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.