Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re:  Hurricane Rita
Reply #15 - 09/27/05 at 15:27:46

here, let me grab the soab box for a minute.

i like the you burn it you refine it idea.

my personal feelings are this.  if the black gewww is so scarce, lets just suck it all up, make that gurgling sound as ya finishing the shake, and move the @$#$ along with something new.

this whole oil thing reminds me of a line from a movie with george c scott. when told to blame the problem on the arabs, he replied  "boy, we are the arabs"  Grin

i'm sure as time goes along, someone here will find a way to burn something else in our beloved machines.
we'll pool together our resourses and be the next  "new money"  Lips Sealed

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #16 - 09/27/05 at 16:19:26

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Some Engineering Techs from the company I work for here in St. John's, Nfld. are being sent to New Orleans for 6 weeks to help out with re-establishing infrastructure.

Read a theory once, that there's plenty of oil reserves left here in North America (particularly the U.S.), but the wells have been capped for future use ... the stategy, is to buy/use up foreign oil first??

The theory sounds a bit off - the strategy (that I disagree with) is to use cheap oil first. There isn't much  cheap oil left in the US say the likes of spindletop. We have had to keep going deeper and add in very expensive measures like co2 injection to bring up the pressure so the lifting costs are not so expensive. It wasn't very long ago when oil went under $12 - at that point a lot of striper wells were capped - the law reads you either pump a well or cap it - when the lifting cost plus the transport cost goes over it's value no one is going to pump it - so you cap it.

IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 09/27/05 at 21:55:47

I dunno but dang its hot in austin texas. We had record days the last three days Sunday was like 110 yesterday was like 108 unbelievable heat there is no polar ice caps melting here thats for sure  8) but riding the scoot was no fun. Felt like someone opened the oven door and stuck a fan in it blowing straight at my face. I never thought that the riding in the wind could feel that bad.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #18 - 09/28/05 at 04:35:30

Here, too, this morning at 6am it's already >80 with a high headed to 100 - offshore water is still close to 90 -either some cold air drops down from the north to cool this water off or were going to run out of storm letters!

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #19 - 09/28/05 at 04:38:28

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Here, too, this morning at 6am it's already >80 with a high headed to 100 - offshore water is still close to 90 -either some cold air drops down from the north to cool this water off or were going to run out of storm letters!

naw,,,  there's still the greek alphabet.   8)

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #20 - 09/28/05 at 05:30:37

That's quite true - I'd like to not have omega headed this way!

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #21 - 09/29/05 at 09:46:50

OK by me, there is a refinery the other side of MEM Itnl.

As far as use it up and move to something else, well alcohol (loud gas) is good.
IF fact I would take it a step futher; you make it, burn it and then have a forth position on your petc0ck that is for increasing the octane of your post-ride beverage.  (I want to become "one" w/ my machine) Smiley
The range on your full tank will drop about 1/2 unless you drink it all before you put it in.  Grin Roll Eyes Tongue
Lancer, We will need some loud gas carbs.

...But will electric airlines fly ?

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
larry

Reply #22 - 09/30/05 at 12:55:16

this is goose forgot my password so not logged in. toadie and i rode the storm out at our home on lake livingston lots trees down around the house and in the subdivision but no damage to our home. lost power about 1 a.m. sat. regained power about 6:30 p.m. thurs. thanks for all of well wishes everyone came thru storm fine.

IP Logged
Goose
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 09/30/05 at 13:16:38

hah suddenly remeberd my password speaking of winds was told that a gust of wind during rit was measured at 119 mph across lake livingston. also was quite a mess on sunday and monday after the storm when they discoverd damage to the rip-rap that protects the earthern dam and had to drop the lake level a bunch to repair the damage. well the high levels of water in the river below the dam caused a work barge that was in the river doing repair work on the railroad bridge to come loose and hit the u.s. 59 bridge closing the highway north and south bound for about 24 hours before they could detrmine no damage done.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 07:24:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hurricane Rita

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.