Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Owner's Manual (Read 3 times)
SirWilhelm
Ex Member

Owner's Manual
09/17/05 at 04:22:09

Just got a 2005 (new) S40 and the dealer had a manual that wasn't with the bike. He said that the LS650 manual was the same, but I'm skeptical. Did Suzuki redo the manual when they changed the name of the bike or just use the LS650 manual? The reason that I am skeptical was the bike was transferred from the home dealership 200 miles to the local shop and came without battery, toolkit and owner's manual. But they "found the manual" without the check-off list they are supposed to use. No toolkit yet and they installed a battery from their stock. I would also think that there should have been something about warranty coverages that should have been in the plastic bag. Any info from other new owners on what you got, would be appreciated.
Bill
San Angelo, TX

IP Logged
Curz
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Re: Owner's Manual
Reply #1 - 09/17/05 at 07:45:09

I got an LS650 Owners manual (part#99011-24C60-01A) with my 2005 S40. No warrenty info that I can see.

Curz....
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #2 - 09/17/05 at 11:15:36

SirWilhelm wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Just got a 2005 (new) S40 and the dealer had a manual that wasn't with the bike. He said that the LS650 manual was the same, but I'm skeptical. Did Suzuki redo the manual when they changed the name of the bike or just use the LS650 manual? The reason that I am skeptical was the bike was transferred from the home dealership 200 miles to the local shop and came without battery, toolkit and owner's manual. But they "found the manual" without the check-off list they are supposed to use. No toolkit yet and they installed a battery from their stock. I would also think that there should have been something about warranty coverages that should have been in the plastic bag. Any info from other new owners on what you got, would be appreciated.
Bill
San Angelo, TX

Something doesn't sound right with this deal.

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/19/05 at 18:01:43

I agree with Greg.  It sounds odd that a new bike wouldn't have a battery or toolkit.  (I bought my S40 used from a dealership, and it came with everything including the tool kit.)  

Regarding the manual, the salesman said the previous owner didn't give them the manual when she traded in the bike, so they gave me a manual from one of the new S40's in stock; and yep, it was the one for the LS650.

As far as I can tell, it's the same.  I believe the only differences between the Savage and the S40 are the seat and handlebars.  So the manual's fine -- it's the lack of a battery and toolkit that I would wonder about.

BTW -- congrats on your new bike!

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #4 - 09/22/05 at 04:46:27

Talking of tolkits, I'll be collecting my Savage in a few days (at last!) but it will be a 500 mile ride back home.
What kind of toolkit do you suggest? Please consider I can only afford a (small) backpack because I'll be flying over and staying one night.

Maurizio from Italy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 09/22/05 at 05:56:45

I am a fan of CruzTools.  I have their PowerDrive T-handle socket set and MotoWrench.  The quality is excellent.  In an effort to reduce the amount of stuff I carry on a daily basis, I have considered their OutBack'R.  

For $20 it looks to have the most basic of necessities.  I believe that between it and my 19 year old Leatherman tool, I'd be okay for most stuff.  In fact, I found a fellow selling one for $13.45 + $5.95 S/H on eBay and snatched that puppy up.  Yes, I'm a gadget freak but I'm also a good judge of quality... and CruzTools are.

Obviously I'd carry more stuff for longer rides but I like to reduce clutter for the daily commutes.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #6 - 09/23/05 at 15:43:05

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
I am a fan of CruzTools.  I have their PowerDrive T-handle socket set and MotoWrench.  The quality is excellent.  In an effort to reduce the amount of stuff I carry on a daily basis, I have considered their OutBack'R.  
http://cyclegear.com/images/outbackr_410x192.jpg
For $20 it looks to have the most basic of necessities.  I believe that between it and my 19 year old Leatherman tool, I'd be okay for most stuff.  In fact, I found a fellow selling one for $13.45 + $5.95 S/H on eBay and snatched that puppy up.  Yes, I'm a gadget freak but I'm also a good judge of quality... and CruzTools are.

Obviously I'd carry more stuff for longer rides but I like to reduce clutter for the daily commutes.

Does it have a 10 MM socket?
Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 09/24/05 at 07:24:12

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Does it have a 10 MM socket?
Roll Eyes

Quote from their site...
The Outback'r provides 14 tools - four hex keys, two screwdrivers, a socket driver with 8, 10, and 12mm sockets, 13 and 14mm open-end wrenches, and three spoke wrenches - all in a nine ounce unit that measures only 3.5" long. While any tool is in use, the rest remain folded into the handle which can be used for leverage over a range of angles. Except for the sockets, all pieces are permanently attached so there's no need to worry about losing small items. Precision made using heat-treated chrome vanadium and carbon steel.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #8 - 09/24/05 at 08:28:13

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Quote from their site...
The Outback'r provides 14 tools - four hex keys, two screwdrivers, a socket driver with 8, 10, and 12mm sockets, 13 and 14mm open-end wrenches, and three spoke wrenches - all in a nine ounce unit that measures only 3.5" long. While any tool is in use, the rest remain folded into the handle which can be used for leverage over a range of angles. Except for the sockets, all pieces are permanently attached so there's no need to worry about losing small items. Precision made using heat-treated chrome vanadium and carbon steel.

Cool.  The reason I ask is for seat removal, since most problems dictate removing that part....and if anyone has tried doing that with the open end wrench in the tool kit, you know exactly what I mean.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/11/24 at 09:04:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Owner's Manual

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.