Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Driving with ape hangers? (Read 7 times)
threezukes
Ex Member

Driving with ape hangers?
09/14/05 at 04:57:00

I'm thinking about switching to ape hangers, but I'm kind of wondering if I'll be able to handle the bike with  them on.  Can someone with apes please fill me in on how it is useing them?  such as turning, comfort, weaving through traffic, highway speeds...etc..

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Driving with ape hangers?
Reply #1 - 09/14/05 at 08:12:19

It's no different, as long as you install them correctly. The rise section of the bars gets installed in-line with the fork tubes. The you drill your riser caps and pin the bars. Otherwise, if you hit a big bump, the bars will fold down. The knurling is a joke once you clear 10 inches of bar rise.

Low speed turns, you need to think a bit more with high bars, but the extra leverage comes in handy.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #2 - 09/14/05 at 08:57:15

I have higher bars- about the shoulder hight. There is absolutely no drow back at speeds below 70. At higher speeds it probably hurts the gas milage a little bit. My wife rode the bike and complained that she feeled like a sail in the wind. I haven't noticed to be so bad. Overall I'd say at least 20-25% betterthan the standart buckhorn bars.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 09/14/05 at 12:28:25

Harley has a very nice set of mini-apes they are currently using on their new '06 FXD Street Bob ... betcha these'd be real nice on the LS650!!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 22:04:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Driving with ape hangers?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.