Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Suzuki S- 50? (Read 2 times)
kikuchiyo
Ex Member

Suzuki S- 50?
09/13/05 at 18:17:04

Anyone knows anything about S-50? Reliability,... etc.
Is this a logical step up after savage or it is pretty much the same bike with a bit more power

IP Logged
Joel
Ex Member

Re: Suzuki S- 50?
Reply #1 - 09/13/05 at 19:26:39

The S-50 is the old VS800 intruder. Its a completely different bike. It is quite a bit bigger than the savage, although its doesn't feel that much bigger. It has a lot more power out of its 800cc V-twin, than the savage 650 thumper. I think it is a "logical" step up from the savage. They are easy to handle, and are very light for the displacement (for a cruiser). Great bike. Here are the two side by side.

IP Logged
CHRIS
2005 No Login

FRIENDSVILLE, MARYLAND
Reply #2 - 09/13/05 at 19:26:51

The S-50 is a reliable machine from what I've seen at work. No real flaws or recalls. The only thing I don't care for is when it comes time to check the valves, it's a real fun task!!! Angry Reason being is that the frame of the bike sets very close to where you get in to the valves. The first time I did one i went ahead and bent  a couple of feeler gauges so i would have them for the next time. Other than that there is nothing else that i've seen, they are a little bigger than the savage, but not much. If i was you, looking for a bigger bike, look at the M-50, considered a muscle bike, cost only about $400-500 dollars more and you'll get fuel injection instead of a carb., and it's a sweet looking bike that's not some monster that you have to fight with at slow speeds or stops. comes in blue,red and black (black is a little cheaper. hope this helps you out!!!

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 09/13/05 at 19:48:00

Joel wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
The S-50 is the old VS800 intruder. Its a completely different bike. It is quite a bit bigger than the savage, although its doesn't feel that much bigger. It has a lot more power out of its 800cc V-twin, than the savage 650 thumper. I think it is a "logical" step up from the savage. They are easy to handle, and are very light for the displacement (for a cruiser). Great bike. Here are the two side by side.
http://streetjustice.org/users/joel/parkedbikes.jpg
http://streetjustice.org/users/joel/homebikes.jpg

what..  a motorcycle with more than one piston,  novel concept..  i've never owned one.  Grin

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Joel
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/13/05 at 19:51:24

CHRIS wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
If i was you, looking for a bigger bike, look at the M-50, considered a muscle bike, cost only about $400-500 dollars more and you'll get fuel injection instead of a carb., and it's a sweet looking bike that's not some monster that you have to fight with at slow speeds or stops. comes in blue,red and black (black is a little cheaper. hope this helps you out!!!

I love the M50, I think it will be my 2nd bike (finances willing).

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/13/05 at 23:02:21

Joel wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
I love the M50, I think it will be my 2nd bike (finances willing).

Oooh.  Yep.  My second bike too.  I liked it in blue, until I saw it at a dealership -- somehow, it just looks like it's supposed to be black.

Motorcycle Cruiser magazine reviewed it a little while back.  Said, and this is a direct quote, it "rocks."  Grin

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #6 - 09/14/05 at 08:21:26

M-50 (800 Marauder) and C-50 (800 Volusia) are both really good bikes. The S-50 (800 Intruder) is okay if you are about 5 foot 5 or so. The Intruder version has had recalls on the gas valve. The other 2 haven't. The Intruder is twin carbed, changing the air filter is a real "treat", as is synching the carbs. Lisa loves her 96 Intruder 800. I prefer the newer M and C models, a much more classic set of lines. Of course, they are shafties, so I bought a Vulcan, chain driven. Personal preference, I don't like "shaft jacking".
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #7 - 09/14/05 at 09:13:20

Very good bike. Once fixed and adjusted, runs awesome. Handles excellent too. There was a company, that was renting them and I have seen a lot of them with 80K miles. I spoke with the guy that was maintaining them and he told me the only complain was that the battery cables were geting lose at the terminals.
From my expirience the battery is hard to change. The carburetors are hard to clean and adjust correctly, but once done it makes the bike perform very nice.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 13:35:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Suzuki S- 50?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.