Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Screaming Eagle just installed... (Read 5 times)
SnideRide
Ex Member

Screaming Eagle just installed...
09/10/05 at 12:55:53

Wow...

It only took about 30 minutes to put on the new s/e and I'm not mechanical at all!  I don't think it's on right, but it's on for now.

I want to warn any newbies that the S/E is VERY-VERY loud.  To test your senses, simply take off your stock muffler (less then 15 minutes to do) and run the bike real quick.  Let it idol and rev it.  The sound clips don't do justice (although it does sound like a s/e, you just can phathom how loud it is until you hear it for yourself).  

I don't know if you'll damage the bike by running it for 30 seconds as a straight pipe (maybe somebody can advise) but I would try it.

I'm not sure if my neighbors are going to like the new pipes, especially when I come home late.

Sucks to be them I guess!

SnideRide

PS: Thanks Lancer!  This guy is a God!

Grin

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: Screaming Eagle just installed...
Reply #1 - 09/12/05 at 06:13:20

the sceamin eagle is a loud pipe, especially with the baffles removed.but i still think the loudest best sounding exaust for the savage is the stock one with the baffles removed it sounds so much deeper ,more like a v-twin,than a lawnmower on steriods.

IP Logged
SnideRide
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/12/05 at 06:19:44

Thanks for the info.  How could I get in there and remove the baffle?  Should I just take a big drill bit and go to town?  I noticed that there are spots on the stock pipe where I could drill into (on the inside) but I don't want to ruine the pipe by drilling into it.

How did you remove the baffles on yours?

SnideRide

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #3 - 09/12/05 at 06:34:35

i drilled one little hole on the bottom of the exhaust to drill out the weld of the baffle,then strap the muffler down on somethin that wont scatch it i used a big wooden block (about a1ft tall by 3ft long)which wieghs 60lbs,then i got my 5 pound hammer and a straight pry bar,and gave it a few good hits and they came out.

i helped jim-r take his baffles out of his sportster muffler
saturday.then we went for a ride,and both of us going down the rode sounded really mean,gave me a damm headache!

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #4 - 09/12/05 at 07:36:51

torque wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
the sceamin eagle is a loud pipe, especially with the baffles removed.but i still think the loudest best sounding exaust for the savage is the stock one with the baffles removed it sounds so much deeper ,more like a v-twin,than a lawnmower on steriods.

I have a SE on mine and like it a lot better than the hollowed out trashcan stock pipe. More of a looks than a sound if you ask me the two sounded alike on my bike. 8)

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #5 - 09/12/05 at 09:03:49

a tiny 2.5 diameter pipe in place of a 4inch diameter pipe is just not my thing, im more for sound,and performance,than looks.

IP Logged
savage777
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/12/05 at 10:27:18

Buy the jardine .... for the price nuthin sounds better

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 09/12/05 at 11:42:16

I'm pretty happy with my Mac but I haven't heard the Jardine in person.  If I do another exhaust upgrade, it'll probably be to a Raask.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #8 - 09/12/05 at 12:56:07

I have  SE II   with the baffle still in and I don't think it is too loud. Night time at normal speeds and accel. the inside of the pipe glows red. Under heavy acceleration or with speeds over 75-80 there is about 10" blue flame coming out. I love it.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Michael Bollhoefer

Reply #9 - 09/26/05 at 18:13:28

Where did you get your screaming eagle pipes at ?

IP Logged
gandalph40
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 09/27/05 at 10:54:42

Michael Bollhoefer wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Where did you get your screaming eagle pipes at ?

Lancer has several mufflers for sale in The Marketplace http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=Market;action=display;num=11267....  That's where I got mine!  

tom

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 21:17:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Screaming Eagle just installed...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.