Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I raised my seat 3" for more legroom (Read 7 times)
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
I raised my seat 3" for more legroom
09/10/05 at 23:17:28

Just came back from trying out my hacked up seat & I love it! I took off the cover, cut the pillion off the back end & put 3" of foam rubber between the pan & the stock foam pad. Trimmed the new foam to fit in between & then covered it with black "leather look" vinyl. The stock seat cover wouldn't fit, too short. My knees aren't flopping out to the sides now & it's much more comfortable. There's probably more forward weight bias now 'cause the front end felt more "planted" in hard cornering. The bars feel a little too close now so I'll look into lowering them soon.   Grin

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Durandal
Ex Member

Re: I raised my seat 3" for more legroom
Reply #1 - 09/11/05 at 05:28:21

Hey babbalou, that's exactly what I want to do with my seat.  Did the new seat cover go on okay, or did you need to work it over some?  Post pics if you can.  I'd love to see how that seat looks now.

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Re: I raised my seat 3" for more legroom
Reply #2 - 09/11/05 at 08:03:58

Well, my upholstry job looks good, from 50 feet or more! Grin Actually, it's sort of a thick triangle shape now because of the 2 pointy corners on the back. I'm going to have a local upholsterer cover it & round out the back end. I left a few wrinkles on the sides that I want smoothed  out. I like the way the bike feels now. Before this bike I always rode dirt bikes or "standards" so now it feels a little more intuitive to me. It doesn't look as goofy as I thought it might. I wouldn't go taller though.
Over the next week I hope to do some other stuff; fork gators, whitewall on the back, drop the bars. Lost my camera.  Sad  I'll post pics when I find it & figure out the Canon software that doesn't seem to work. Undecided

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 16:10:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I raised my seat 3" for more legroom

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.