Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Well, winter is here...
09/10/05 at 22:59:14

The news tonight showed snow in the Cascade Mountains, western Washington side. Last year, almost NO snow for the entire season.

Put a set of waterproof, windproof, subzero riding guantlets on hold today at the shop (I'm back at the old shop in Auburn, woo hoo!!). Vulcan windshield on staying on until spring, at least. Not fond of the shield, but, keeps the rain off.

Time for riders north of the Mason Dixon line to switch back to 10W40. I plan to ride through the winter, better fix the dualsport.

Toy runs will soon be upon us. Lots of children and families will need extra help this year.  Lisa and I plan to buy at least one monthly settlement check worth of toys/clothes/canned foods for the local event. I'm back to work, too crippled up to go down to the old base outside Gulfport and help, so, doing what I can that way.

See you in the funny papers, I'm off to TheHorseMag and Beartooth Kawasaki forums for the rest of the night.

Oh, Savage will be back on the road tomorrow (Sunday) if it doesn't rain (no garage, Lisa won't let me wrench over the front room carpet, meanie).
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Well, winter is here...
Reply #1 - 09/11/05 at 02:59:25

Hi Jeff ... snow brrrrrr ... waaay too early for that! Saw on our local news, that some areas of the Rockies had received an inch of the the white stuff!!
Our local Toys for Tots Charity Ride was supposed to have been this afternoon, but is called until next Sunday on account of rain ... and I spent all of yesterday afternoon polishing the LS and festooning her out with Canadian and American flags in memory of those who perished on 9-11 ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 09/11/05 at 04:05:12

Actually, an early winter is desperately needed in Washington. Need a couple dozen good hard freezes to kill some of the bugs. All the rivers are low on the west side of the state. Never cleared up from the spring silt, so the fishing is horrible.

Winter riding isn't a big deal over here. Just need top quality raingear, waterproof boots, and good longjohns. I work in a bikeshop, well, okay, 2 bikeshops, can be as sleazy as needed. Time to start shopping for a 150/80/16 ice racing tire just in case... Roll Eyes
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 09/12/05 at 05:33:04

An early winter would certainly be appreciated down here.  It's not too bad though.  The high for this week is only supposed to be 97 F.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #4 - 09/12/05 at 09:21:13

WD,

About the switch to the 10-40...

As you may recall, I normally tun that in here in Colorado and burn a lot of it.  So when it cools iff quite a bit, do you think it should stop burning the stuff up?

Thanks,

KS

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #5 - 09/12/05 at 10:39:44

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
An early winter would certainly be appreciated down here.  It's not too bad though.  The high for this week is only supposed to be 97 F.

wow it's only in the low 80's in TTown.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 09/12/05 at 13:18:33

F'n freezin' here today, only 10deg C with a north breeze and constant drizzle ... hopefully it'll warm back up by the weekend ...  Sad

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 09/12/05 at 13:56:04

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
F'n freezin' here today, only 10deg C with a north breeze and constant drizzle ... hopefully it'll warm back up by the weekend ...  Sad

Ahhhhhhh, 50 F.  That would feel soooooo nice.  Maybe sometime in November... late October if we're lucky.  Wouldn't care for the drizzle in that but we could use the rain too, so I wouldn't complain.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 20:17:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Well, winter is here...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.