Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Add the kid to the prayers. (Read 5 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Add the kid to the prayers.
08/29/05 at 00:32:56

He locked up the rear brake and dumped the bike Sunday. Found out at almost midnight. He said that the bike and he are both beat up. So much for him being responsible/mature enough for a motorcycle. I should have taken it back when he lost one of the sets of keys.
-WD/Jeff

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Add the kid to the prayers.
Reply #1 - 08/29/05 at 00:46:07

sorry to hear that Jeff ... hope he will heal quickly. how's the Savage? Unsalvageable?

Sincerly,
Perry

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 08/29/05 at 02:11:56

Kid has road rash and stitches.

Bike has: busted off headlight (already a custom replacement), busted off braided stainless brake hose, bent apehangers, torn off right custom rear turn signal, dented gastank, stuck throttle, inoperative left turn signals. Forks, frame, swingarm, wheels and motor are apparently intact.

I'm picking both up tomorrow, bringing home for a proper assessment. Skin will heal, the bike can be rebuilt.

He got off darned lucky. The bike pitched him off as it went out from under him. Right in front of a Kojak. He didn't get a ticket, was just told to get the bike out of the road. Which was wet from the first rain in almost 2 months. And his front brake blew up last week, so he had rear drum only, which was apparrently mis-adjusted. At least he didn't hit anyone else. He has a permit and no insurance (not required in WA state).

I'll update later today (Monday). It is 2:10 AM local.
-Jeff

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 08/29/05 at 07:45:05

Wow, very lucky.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Hammy211
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/29/05 at 10:23:08

That really stinks but I'm glad he's alright.  I have locked up my rear a couple times which was really scary.  Might not have been if I didn't know how dangerous it can be.  Had a couple friends with new bikes who have insisted it feels better just using the rear.  Luckily all it takes is me consistently outbraking their high performance bike and not a fall to convince them they can use the front brake aggressively.  Good luck on the bike.  I'd be screwed.

IP Logged
Spartan71
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/29/05 at 10:34:27

Wow, lucky indeed.  Hope there's a lesson and some quick healing in all of this.  I know what it's like to ride when things aren't quite right.  Wouldn't do it now, but when I was young and foolish...

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 08/29/05 at 10:35:57

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
He locked up the rear brake and dumped the bike Sunday. Found out at almost midnight. He said that the bike and he are both beat up. So much for him being responsible/mature enough for a motorcycle. ...

Welcome to the College of Life, School of Hard Knocks.

Raising kids means watching them make the same mistakes we made as our parents watched us making the same mistakes they made.  It's hard, but it is the only lesson that truely sticks.  Here's wishing the quick recovery of youth with a little added wisdom/responsiblity/maturity from the experience.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 02:11:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Add the kid to the prayers.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.