COAT AND TIE (Read 9 times)
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: COAT AND TIE
Reply #15 - 08/26/05 at 16:40:15

Thanks for the thoughts..Reelthing, thinking more about bugs than crash protection.. You hit the problem right on the head..its been too hot, but that is changing. 55mph this am at 60 degrees felt invigorating (almost cold).  If the saddlebag serve this well, I may have to rethink the budget schedule.  Was thnking Windshield/windscreen in middle of Sept.  New England can be nippy by then. Roll Eyes Then saddlebags for Xmas, For once the kids won't have to scratch their collective heads..the savage will provide many gift opportunities Wink
The dusters look super, any isues with catching the "tails" somewhere undersireable?  I will look around for the frog togs, thnk the Honda dealer has a light weight rain suit..if I can get past the yellow.  It would help with being seen I suppose.  Well, thanks agin for the ideas..and Papa Thump 47 years of experience counts for a lot, so thank you in advance for the many questions I may throw your way over the next few months as I rejoin motorcycling. Susan, I also think you are doing a great job..I frequent web sites devoted to two other fav machines..you are more than keeping up with the joneses.  bye for now.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #16 - 08/27/05 at 10:35:58

Man, I'm just hoping to get out of the 100's soon in DFW.  Nippy is something we don't usually consider until at least October and sometimes later.  I am thankful for the lack of white stuff in the winter months though.

Rob

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #17 - 08/27/05 at 11:16:28

Trippah wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Hi- I wear a sports coat and tie (and the other necessary clothes) to work.  Can anyone recommend over jacket & pants setup?? The leather jacket wont fit over the sports coat, and no way to carry the sports coat and wear the leather.  Thank you in advance for your responses.

Not ever wearing a sport coat to work, I wonder if you can fold up your jacket for the drive to work.  Then if you had something like a biker's friend backrest, you could just change at work.

I bet your tie sailing behind you kinda gives you that Snoopy Red Baron look  Shocked

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #18 - 08/27/05 at 19:18:10

I'd like to think so but my 25 yr old duaghter disabused me of that notion..dad,, you look kinda weird in the coat and tie of the motorcycle.  OH well,  Cheesy

IP Logged
realdeal

Thumpity, thumpity,
thump...

Reply #19 - 08/29/05 at 07:35:43

I'm thinking the way to go would be to use a garment bag on the rear of your bike.  

I used to commute with a bicycle, and i used this bag:

http://www.jandd.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FCGBP

It's made for a bicycle, but I'm sure could easily be used/modified to hang over the rear seat and connect to saddle bag mounts.  That pretty much what a pannier setup is on a bicycle.  

That way, you could wear whatever you want to work, and change when you get there.  You could pack your garment bag up the night before.  It keeps clothes wrinkle-free, and can even be used in the rain.  

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #20 - 08/29/05 at 07:56:13

That's a really interesting idea.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #21 - 08/29/05 at 17:11:42

hi realdeal..thanks, search for dealers of the product and found bicycle alley in Worcester is a dealer..bought my youngest daughter a bike there (couldn't talk her into a scooter or cycle Smiley  will check it out and report back soon. Thanks again.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 00:08:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › COAT AND TIE

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.