Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Pride in your ride
08/25/05 at 21:11:35

Roughrider,
I do not see anyone here claim it is a miracle bike - we do believe it is quite a bargain compared to the cost of other bikes on the market - the exception for me anyway is the KLR650- but my arse is too close to the ground for the ride height.

Weakness of the savage/ls650 are noted here quite often - the stock seat is pretty bad for long rides - so we change it - at least lift the front so you stay off the tank - or add a air/gel pad, or replace it altogether.

Other areas, the brakes are good but not great, yes some squeal so we fix it. The range is too short for some - so we either carry extra gas, change the tank, or a new deal that looks good is the aux tail bag tank. Nuts and bolts vibrate loose - so we check them regular and tighten them, the speedometer rattles on some bikes so we fix it, the drive belt needs adjustment as do the valves when either starts to make racket, we check the oil before each and every ride - we only have two quarts to lube it and cool it - better keep it full and clean, the stock IRC tires are fairly low grade - so when they wear out on go better ones - for me that's Metz 880's - wish the '02 would hurry up and wear the IRCs out for that matter, the wires under the seat are a real zoo - but it's nothing a few minutes with split loom can't fix. The engine comes from the factory running very lean, very hot, and very quite. I do not like any of these, so I fixed it - new pipe to makes some noise, richer engine for more power, no backfires, and much cooler running.

I am not suprised your muffler cracked if you have heavy backfires, because the engine was running lean, and once the gasket blew out you most likely had very heavy backfires - the muffler was not designed to be a cannon.

Yes, motorcycles, take more maint than do cars but all of these things are not hard to do and once you have done them you'll understand how it works, be able to maintain it without much help from your dealer, the bike will run much better, and you'll have a lot more pride in your ride.

So what do you say RR - want to fix it?

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Re: Pride in your ride
Reply #1 - 08/26/05 at 05:19:28

Reelthing - and others

just a suggestion.

Until roughrider provides documentation of his correspondence from Suzuki that he referred to in an earlier post about his problems (Unfortunately my earlier request for this information was censored.) I suggest you ignore him and certainly don't try to provoke him or anyone else. People who just want to disrupt things exist on every forum and I'm not sure why you started this thread it also seems disruptive in light of recent activities on the forum. If it is a legit attempt to help everyone there have been plenty of earlier attempts to provide information.

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #2 - 08/26/05 at 05:32:57

although roughrider keeps sending me hatefull personal messages,which call me a homo,I agree that we should drop this issue once and for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 08/26/05 at 15:58:38

Gee, this topic seems useless.  What's going on?  I'm absent for a couple weeks and when I come back people are bickering....which is not the norm for this forum.

Can't we all just get along?  Just because we ride Savages doesn't mean that we have to be one.

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #4 - 08/26/05 at 21:29:00

I remember 7th grade,... when the teacher was called out of the class room....same thing...still Savages.

Back then if we had spent 1/2 the time studying the stuff they were teaching vs. obsessing over bikes, we would be far better off now.  ???

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Gee, this topic seems useless.  What's going on?  I'm absent for a couple weeks and when I come back people are bickering....which is not the norm for this forum.

Can't we all just get along?  Just because we ride Savages doesn't mean that we have to be one.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #5 - 08/26/05 at 22:29:39

I agree, I would have not participated had I read this sooner. Just seems reasonable for every bad thing described a good one can replace it.  Done with my school games Tongue  And off on another enjoyable ride later this morning!!!!

Have fun with the ride and ride safe all!!

WWW sctsamj sctsamj   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 06:07:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Pride in your ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.