Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
need some help (Read 2 times)
Dragon King

IL
need some help
08/25/05 at 16:25:00

???first I have an 87.the fuel line from the gas tank to the carb needs to be replaced,the size looks to be about 3/8 but can not find if that is the correct size.the parts guy at the local suzuki dearship had no idea. ??? second Iam going to do some tear down and chrome and hopefully some new paint. does anyone know of a good chrome shop? another project I have is putting on a lancer carb. do I need to change the throttle cable? also Iam looking to install handle bars risers, in the book it looks simple but do I need longer throttle cable or brake cable? Also any help on tunning my lancer carb would be great.  So far everyones help has been great and I thank you  all Grin Smiley 8)

ride safe live long go with a smile

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Re: need some help
Reply #1 - 08/25/05 at 19:57:47

Don't know the exact size of the fuel line, so I'd just take the old piece to your local auto parts store and let them deal with it.  It won't be the first dirty part they've seen.

If you're gonna get an Amal carb from Lancer, he's including a new throttle cable and air filter with the kit.  That's on my wishlist.

There's some slack in the cables, but how much is anybody's guess.  You're gonna have to try that one with a buddy.  Unscrew the caps from the risers you've got, have your buddy hold the bar up, and see how the cables and brake hose look.  If it's not gonna work you can just put the screws back.  No blood, no foul.

IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Re: need some help
Reply #2 - 08/28/05 at 18:50:18

I was also wondering if I could replace the front pegs  with floorboards and if this would be very hard to do?

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 02:35:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › need some help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.