Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Censorship is a slippery slope (Read 14 times)
GaThumper

Powder Springs, GA USA
Re: Censorship is a slippery slope
Reply #15 - 08/25/05 at 12:49:07

I think Susan does a great job and did the right thing in cleaning up the posts.  

Thanks, Susan!

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #16 - 08/25/05 at 13:13:21

Oklahoma_Mike wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Same here on the rain. looks like I might get in a few miles after work today though!!!!! 8)

Overtime shot that idea to Sheiet Sad

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #17 - 08/25/05 at 13:57:25

With the recent spate of 99-103 F days, I'll take the rain.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #18 - 08/25/05 at 14:01:21

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
With the recent spate of 99-103 F days, I'll take the rain.

That is all we got all week and last weekend. Green country is soggy right now. Mybe I should trade the Savage in for a Seadoo.......NAAAAAAAAAA
8)

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #19 - 08/25/05 at 14:07:43

and i go wheeee,  wheeee,  wheee, all the way down to the gutter.  hence the blue flame joke, and responses. our way steering the subject to a more lighthearted conclusion.  Grin

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #20 - 08/25/05 at 14:39:18

Thanks to all for making this a very cool place. I went on that ride I mentioned and boy was it beautiful! Nothing like a good ride to make my day.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #21 - 08/25/05 at 14:44:45

Took me 10 miles to ride the 4 miles to work today.

WWW   IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 08/25/05 at 19:50:26

Covered almost 200 miles today.  Gotta love the cooler weather!

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #23 - 08/25/05 at 21:49:34

Had a fellow Iwork with that lives close to me want to start a car pool today - had to say no as the ride in of the morning through these back roads is the best part of the day! - don't think he understood.

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #24 - 08/26/05 at 04:48:50

Aside from riding back and forth to work yesterday, I had an out of town meeting last night so I got to ride back way after dark in the rain, and believe it or not, I passed two riders going the other way on country roads. Everybody waved (I think).

Cool.

IP Logged
bob jones

Reply #25 - 08/26/05 at 14:22:43

susan, i think you do a great thing by volunteering your time to be the moderator for this forum,
that said i have to say it struck me as strange that you removed my opinion that i posted last night about forum manners, it wasn't rude or harsh or intended to insult any particular person but just my unbiased views on the topic that you started.  the fact that you took it down and closed that topic makes me wonder, Lips Sealed i guess as long as our opinions are all the same then they can be shared?

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #26 - 08/26/05 at 15:36:10

Susan is the moderator.  It is her appointed job to keep the forum focused on the subject that brings us all here...Bikes.  

Without some order and direction, and I've seen it before, the forum becomes fragmented.  Not good.  Good people start leaving.

There are plenty of sites where political opinions and current events can be expressed and discussed, but SuzukiSavage is not one of them.  Here the subject is bikes, riding and wrenching.  Anything else should be taken offlist....a reason for the private message feature.

Just be thankful that we have a free open forum and an impartial moderator that treats all of us "strangers" objectively and fairly.

Ride safe.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #27 - 08/26/05 at 17:37:05

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
....There are plenty of sites where political opinions and current events can be expressed and discussed, but SuzukiSavage is not one of them.  Here the subject is bikes, riding and wrenching.  Anything else should be taken offlist.....

I would say anything else should be taken to an appropriate forum.  Preferably under a different alias.  There are subjects that can spoil friendships -- and I value my friends here too much to want that to happen.  It is not, IMO, wise to know too much about another's viewpoints.

WWW   IP Logged
roughrider
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 08/26/05 at 18:27:01

I will agree with you both when it comes to political issues. This forum has no place for that. I do however beleive this forum was intended for more than just  folks who just happen to love their Savage. People come to this forum for answers. They come for truth and honesty. You should all give unbiased positive and negitives so they can make an unbiased opion of the bike before they go out and buy one. They come in here looking for information. They find all positive things said about the savage and hear no negative vibes. This forum shouldn't be biased. It should exchange idea's and veiw points good and bad. I think Susan is a great moderator with a positve view about her savage. please remember not everyone has had the same experiences that you have had susan. There are other forms out there on every other bike made and you will find a mix of idea's and opions good and bad. Even "Harley"s. It's really impossible for a bike to be as perfect as this forum makes the savage out to be.

IP Logged
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #29 - 08/26/05 at 19:32:55

RoughRider wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I will agree with you both when it comes to political issues. This forum has no place for that. I do however beleive this forum was intended for more than just  folks who just happen to love their Savage. People come to this forum for answers. They come for truth and honesty. You should all give unbiased positive and negitives so they can make an unbiased opion of the bike before they go out and buy one. They come in here looking for information. They find all positive things said about the savage and hear no negative vibes. This forum shouldn't be biased. It should exchange idea's and veiw points good and bad. I think Susan is a great moderator with a positve view about her savage. please remember not everyone has had the same experiences that you have had susan. There are other forms out there on every other bike made and you will find a mix of idea's and opions good and bad. Even "Harley"s. It's really impossible for a bike to be as perfect as this forum makes the savage out to be.

Undecided Just my opinion here, but if this forum is all about the Savage being great and wonderful why then in topic after topic is someone asking how can I fix or change or why is this happening?   It seems to me that there is plenty of Savage faults listed, just a whole bunch of folks who like the ride and enjoy taking care of it.

Also my opinion, Harley owners talk about it because they know Harley's are prone to mechanical failure. They give each other heads up so they know what to do when it happens. They do not sell the bike, they like the bike and repair it. Just as the individuals on this forum try to do. Of course there will always be a few who choose to leave the bike behind and try something different.   Hmmm , American Company and still no improvements?  Savages and most Jap bikes are not known for mechanical failure, they just need tweeked once in awhile. Wink

WWW sctsamj sctsamj   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 21:31:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Censorship is a slippery slope

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.