Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
s/40? (Read 4 times)
Scott

s/40?
08/18/05 at 13:41:43

Is the s/40 same as the savage? I can find very little in the name of custom/replacement parts for the savage. If you have a link I'd love it. Are s/40 parts the same or interchangable with the savage?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: s/40?
Reply #1 - 08/18/05 at 13:52:46

Yes.  Suzuki renamed their cruiser line to the Boulevards and uses monikers of S(porty), C(ruiser) and M(uscle) along with their cubic inch equivalents.  650cc is roughly equivalent to 40ci.

The exact meanings behind the S, C and M may not be precise but they're close enough.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 08/18/05 at 18:06:54

Yeah, the Savage is rather neglected.  Probably because being a cheap bike we're a bunch of cheapskates.

I'm going to ask the wife for a Corbin saddle for Christmas.  They don't make 'em alegedly 'cause no one has ever asked for one.  There are a few minor differences, but for the most part S40 and Savage are interchangable.

WWW   IP Logged
Munson_kl279
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/19/05 at 05:06:03

Also most of the time if you go to any of the after market parts sites (i.e. J&P Cycle or JC Whitney), and you look up parts for the Savage or the S40 you will get generally the same list.

~Munson

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:49:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › s/40?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.