Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fork Protectors (Read 6 times)
red2k1
Ex Member

Fork Protectors
08/18/05 at 04:47:31

Superbrace http://www.superbrace.com/product.php?part_num=3335 now has fork protectors for the Savage. They are a bit pricey, but are of high quality and easily installed. However, you must have a Superbrace installed to use them.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Fork Protectors
Reply #1 - 08/18/05 at 06:15:44

They've had them for quite a while but I've heard other folks say they really didn't do anything.  I hadn't wanted to waste cash if that's true.  What do the rest of y'all think?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #2 - 08/18/05 at 09:59:56

Well, the ones they sent me were cheesy at best - the bottom tab was a wave on one and grind marks on the other  - the front surface was certainly high polish - but the overall quality wasn't very good -  they do look to be hand made so it may just depend on whose hands made your set. I took them off after about 5 minutes - just didn't think they went very well with the very high grade superbrace itself - I did express this to the manufact at the time - no response.

IP Logged
red2k1
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/18/05 at 11:18:02

It is a fact that the inside of the protector is not polished. However, a little polishing compund and a Dremel will take care of that if that is your desire.

I am satisfied (not overly so) with the way they work.  With them on, the vast majority of the insects are caught on the protectors or they are deflected inward and down.  Every once and a while the forks do get hit, but the section that gets hit is high up on the fork and given the way I ride that section of the fork rarely, if ever, goes below the seal.

Wish they were half the price and three times the height. Actually, I am looking into having a set fabricated just that height.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 08/18/05 at 14:04:18

If anyone here owns some of these but doesn't use them, are you considering selling them?  Or if you are able to get better ones fabricated, Red, would you let me know?  I already have the brace.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #5 - 08/18/05 at 15:54:36

Rob, I'll send you mine if you want them ( if I can them )

looked in the Savage spares part bin - drive belt, jets,hoses, ceramic brake pads, rear shoes, 2 head plugs, head breather stainless brillo pad, throttle and clutch cables, amal carb , etc.......... but alas no fork protectors - may have pitched them, but I'll look a bit more.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 08/18/05 at 18:36:54

Thanks.  That reminds me.  I need to organize my supplies/parts in the garage.  It's gotten somewhat unruly of late.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:49:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fork Protectors

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.