PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: full moon ride
Reply #15 - 08/19/05 at 09:54:43

SadCalling for overcast & showers tonite here in eastern Newfoundland ... might try for a Full moon + 1 tomorrow nite though ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #16 - 08/19/05 at 10:16:05

RadarORiley wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
My Hubby thinks full moons are for fishing under. Will  be on Lake Fork, Texas looking for another lunker.

No way! new moon is what you want with some lights on/in the water - brings in the baitfish, and so the food chain starts - and you can fill up the boat with fish, full moon prevents the lights from doing anything and the fish are scattered all over the lake - now the large florida bass hybreds on fork are different if that is the target - look like footballs in fact - great big shinner fished off a point with a splitshot should get their attn - good luck!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #17 - 08/19/05 at 10:28:25

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
No way! new moon is what you want with some lights on/in the water - brings in the baitfish, and so the food chain starts - and you can fill up the boat with fish, full moon prevents the lights from doing anything and the fish are scattered all over the lake - now the large florida bass hybreds on fork are different if that is the target - look like footballs in fact - great big shinner fished off a point with a splitshot should get their attn - good luck!    

You got that right.  I've never caught so much fish in my life as in August at the Copano Bay causeway in Rockport, TX.  A night with a new moon or total cloudcover and the speckled trout are bangin' on a glow-worm rig.  Had to use an ice-chest for the catches though.  The gar were raiding stringers... and saltwater alligator gar are some big ugly prehistoric lookin' bastards too.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #18 - 08/20/05 at 08:07:20

Los Angeles, California, August 19, 12:53pm: Full Moon
Los Angeles, California, August 19, 08:05pm: Moon Rise
Los Angeles, California, August 20, 06:46am: Moon Set

Got up about 4 am, had a cup of tea, read the newsgroups.  A bit before 5 I put on the leather jacket and ride out under a moonless overcasted sky.

Traffic is super light, pick up the 105 to the 405 to the 10 which dumps me out onto Pacific Coast Highway heading toward Malibu.  Need to do it again with the Flyscreen on -- shoulders/upper back were getting stiff with the stready 65-70 mph wind.

Slow down to 45 and cruise up the coast.  Just past Sunset Blvd I pull a U and park on the side of the road, about 50 feet from the waterline.  The Moon is still running in stealth mode, cloaked in clouds.

Someone had drawn ten foot tall pictures in the sand, took a few pictures.  Took a picture of the lights far down the curve of the coast -- blurry.  Found a place to set the camera and tried again -- camera did a low battery shutdown.

It's getting lighter, check the time, the moon is out there on the horizon, still behind the clouds.  Go to take a picture of the bike in the morning grey -- camera tells me to take a hike.

Head back south on Highway 1 to Manhattan Beach, hang a left, pick up a dozen doughnuts and go home to greet the wife and kids.  (Well, the wife at least, the kids sleep late.)   FWIW, the sun hasn't managed to pierce the coastal clouds either.   It's been up over two hours and only has managed to give me a diffused grey light.

No Moon.   No Photos.   Great Ride.

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #19 - 08/20/05 at 08:38:22

a picture is worth a thousand words.
great ride after four 15 hour work days at the county fair.  only one to go.    

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #20 - 08/20/05 at 19:55:54

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
a picture is worth a thousand words.
great ride after four 15 hour work days at the county fair.  only one to go.    

http://www.bikepics.com/pics/pics/suzuki-savage-04-bikepics-412498.jpg

That is just BADA$$!!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #21 - 08/20/05 at 20:54:34

Made that ride! It was light out, but the full moon rising over Mt Rainier was kinda neat. If you're into dormant volcanoes. I'm not allowed to play with the camera, so, no pics. Did the same tonight coming home from work. But stopped to watch the fishermen freezing their butts off in a local glacial fed river, the first salmon run of the year is going on as I type this. And I STILL don't have a fishing license... Angry
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
gazab44
2004 No Login

TO OLD TO DIE
YOUNG....

uk
Reply #22 - 08/21/05 at 05:15:57

Did the ride, even though it was pi$$ing down with rain, to work so sorry no pics.
Usually go in car when its that bad but thought "NO i'll do it and be virtually with you lot"  Smiley

MSN Messenger :- gazab44@hotmail.com

VISIT MY MY HOMEPAGE
WWW msn-gazab44@hotmail.com   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #23 - 08/21/05 at 07:26:58

SadSorry, didn't get a "Full Moon Run" in ... overcast on Fri. nite and last night had a house-warming party to attend. Just got back from a lovely Sun. morning run to the St. John's waterfront and back though!
Sluggo ... great pic!
gazab44 ... you my friend are a true "Savage"!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #24 - 08/21/05 at 08:09:45

Got my moonlight ride in, went over to New Smyrna Beach at 9:30pm and walked on the beach. The moon was already way up so didn't take any pictures. The surf in the moonlight was beautiful. I think all the bugs were out enjoying the full moon also, felt like I was riding in a rain storm. Glad I put the windshield back on the scoot. Great idea for a ride Cheesy. Ed L.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #25 - 08/21/05 at 08:24:09

Went for a ride, it was nice, but cloud covered.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #26 - 08/21/05 at 17:04:53

mornhm - FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:

Yup, here too.  It was good to get out though.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #27 - 08/21/05 at 17:52:45

mornhm - FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:

thats the beauty of the full moon. it's still up there above the clouds, and it's effects on us are still the same. that's why the ride felt so good.  i'm waiting for the first "blue moon" ride,  whatever the heck that is..  it's ????

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Blue Moon ride
Reply #28 - 08/21/05 at 21:50:54

I am a conservative.  I use the older definition of a Blue Moon:

Quote:
An older definition for the blue moon is recorded in early issues of the Maine Farmer's Almanac. According to this definition, the blue moon is the third full moon in a season that has four full moons. Why would one want to identify the third full moon in a season of four full moons? The answer is complex, and has to do with the Christian ecclesiastical calendar.

Some years have an extra full moon—thirteen instead of twelve. Since the identity of the moons was important in the ecclesiastical calendar (the Paschal Moon, for example, used to be crucial for determining the date of Easter), a year with a thirteenth moon skewed the calendar, since there were names for only twelve moons. By identifying the extra, thirteenth moon as a blue moon, the ecclesiastical calendar was able to stay on track.
-- http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bluemoon1.html

This year we had a full moon on the Solstice.  I'm not sure if it counted as the last moon of spring or the first moon of summer as I don't have exact times.  Doesn't matter.  This year's Blue Moon was either back in May, or this past weekend.

There is no Blue Moon next year.

If I have it figured out right, the next Blue Moon is Saturday, November 24th, 2007.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #29 - 08/22/05 at 06:45:50

I always thought a blue moon was the second full moon in a single calendar month.

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:20:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › full moon ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.